4Likes
  • 1 Post By ajax5777
  • 1 Post By ajax5777
  • 1 Post By Roy
  • 1 Post By JonSnow

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Dresser Bars

Cold crappy weather so decided to install my Triumph dresser bars. I know some inmates don't care for them but I like them and think they make the BB look even tougher than it already does. These are the OEM dresser bars and I gotta say I'm a little disappointed in the quality, not of the bars themselves but the finish. The finish is a semi rough almost crinkle finish that is about the same consistency as the shell of an M&M candy. The right bar installed fairly easy but the left side required relocating my FIAMM freeway blaster horn. This required making a new mount for the horn and lowering it to make room for the bar. In doing the fit and install of the horn bracket I barely tapped the bar with whatever a couple of times and the finish just chipped off! Sad... Probably wait till I get a few more chips and repaint the bars with the Rustoleum bed liner paint, which is tough as nails. Not real happy with the relocation of the horn either but it will have to do for now. Was hoping to relocate the horn behind the radiator but the blaster is just a bit too big. I'll keep looking for a better spot but as you all know there isn't a whole lot of extra room on the Bobbers.
Anyway, it's mine and I'll own it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_da2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	30767   Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_da3.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	30769   Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_da8.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	30771  
Roy likes this.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 10:06 PM
Roy

Garage
Hi,

Very nice indeed, looks smart.

I just fitted the full size dresser bars last week and they have really grown on me.

Cheerio,

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 7.04.20 PM.png
Views:	100
Size:	935.8 KB
ID:	30773  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Roy. Funny, I just finished reading your thread and had considered those as well. As I still have stock pegs I don't see how they tie in with the full size bars. Your pics show that they really follow the lines of the bike, nice!
Roy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Hi,

Very nice indeed, looks smart.

I just fitted the full size dresser bars last week and they have really grown on me.

Cheerio,

Roy

I don't know but I don't see what your install offers any gain for protection. It may be the angle of the photo. Please post a pic from the front?

Seems you have reversed the install.

2018 Bobber in Morello Red

Last edited by Ribkick; 02-09-2019 at 12:31 AM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 01:28 AM

This pic should give you an idea of how the bars look. I'd guess they will protect the fuel tank in case of a "fall".

Chico
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 02:10 AM
Roy

Garage
I must confess,

For me 'dresser' or 'crash' bars are just mostly cosmetic. I have seen too many crashed bikes where such bars have bent back into the engine or tank. I know if a bike falls over they may offer some protection but for me personally I just added mine because I liked the idea and not because I was under any illusion of protection.

Just my sixpence worth.

Cheerio,

Roy
Forjox likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
I must confess,

For me 'dresser' or 'crash' bars are just mostly cosmetic. I have seen too many crashed bikes where such bars have bent back into the engine or tank. I know if a bike falls over they may offer some protection but for me personally I just added mine because I liked the idea and not because I was under any illusion of protection.

Just my sixpence worth.

Cheerio,

Roy

First; I think they look solid on the bobber, Iíve seen several with those stock dressers. Iím going to order the SW Motech. Put those on my Street Twin and really liked the look and finish.

I disagree as far as protection. Iíve seen/known multiple bikes that have gone down with dressers and definitely been better for it. In one case a buddy of mine got hit from the side the dresser saved his leg from getting crushed. Got pushed into a curb, thrown off the bike and a fractured arm, but leg was fine. Depends on the type/severity of the collision of course, but they are definitely more than cosmetic or just for tip overs.

Roy likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Roy

Garage
Hi Jon,

Thanks for that. Always good to read alternative views and experiences. Good to hear your thoughts.

Either way and whatever the motivation, I do like these whether the large or small, I think they do add something to the bike.

They also provide a good mounting point. I have some lights coming which I'm hopeful of mounting on mine.

Cheerio,

Roy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page