LaRosa swing arm bag - Triumph Bobber Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By ajax5777
  • 1 Post By D_Triumph

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

LaRosa swing arm bag

Got a LaRosa swing arm leather bag from Revzilla. Got it strapped on and I'm liking the look. Not overly intrusive to the beautiful lines of the Bobber and more storage space than the OEM bag. LaRosa makes some pretty quality stuff, although one of the attach straps fell apart during initial mounting, the rivet wasn't set. I just squished it and the other strap rivets in a vise, good to go. Before mounting the bag I wrapped all of the areas of contact with a heavy vinyl tape as the bag will be bouncing up and down a LOT being on the moving 'cage' I didn't want to wear the powder coating off. Went with the black, Item P409622, SKU: 1298219 on sale for $142 US, less than half the OEM black bag.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d9c.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	30631   Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d9d.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	30633   Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d9e.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	30635   Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d99.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	30637  
Roy and davidrb like this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 10:41 AM

I think you have the bag too far back, you attached the strap to the fender struts, moving it forward will be more to the lines of the bobber.
ysoslo likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Triumph View Post
I think you have the bag too far back, you attached the strap to the fender struts, moving it forward will be more to the lines of the bobber.
I don't know, not a lot of options for moving the bag around. There is no where else to attach it but to the swing arm and moving it forward actually draws the bag lower on the swing arm making it sit right on the exhaust pipe. The position of the bag in the pictures is the best compromise I came up with... unless I'm missing something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax5777 View Post
I don't know, not a lot of options for moving the bag around. There is no where else to attach it but to the swing arm and moving it forward actually draws the bag lower on the swing arm making it sit right on the exhaust pipe. The position of the bag in the pictures is the best compromise I came up with... unless I'm missing something.

The bag should attach to the same swingarm. Just make sure that the straps are close, and tight. The bottom strap probably won't work, so you will have to use a large zip tie, velcro strap, or other alternative. It's okay if the bag touches the pipe a little, won't hurt the leather.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s20190116_183852.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	30775   Click image for larger version

Name:	sm LaRosa01.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	30777  

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

I will take another look at moving it forward to more match the angle of the swing arm. I guess my biggest worry was having the bag rubbing on the exhaust and taking the finish off of the pipe. Not as big a worry on the brushed finish but the Black finish seems kind of thin. davidrb, I'm pretty sure your bag is the same as mine just different color and it doesn't appear to touch your pipe at all.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page