Airbox delete booster plug add - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brandon Miller

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Airbox delete booster plug add

Successful job done. Took it for a short spin around the neighborhood and no check engine lights came on.

Still debating on buying the viba cover. Not lovin the price. Otherwise very happy with finally getting rid of those airboxes and side panels.

A bit of wire tidying and I’ll be thrilled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BD30E450-FAA4-4285-BCC2-F0CF47269C47_1534294462879.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	27001   Click image for larger version

Name:	FA5BDDF1-AF94-4114-B9CB-BF1707DF6628_1534294484473.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	27003  
Big Bear likes this.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Miller View Post
Successful job done. Took it for a short spin around the neighborhood and no check engine lights came on.

Still debating on buying the viba cover. Not lovin the price. Otherwise very happy with finally getting rid of those airboxes and side panels.

A bit of wire tidying and Iíll be thrilled.
I completely understand not wanting to buy the VIBA... I didn't want to either, but I bit the bullet as i'm not as creative as some of the other guys on the forum here with leather (some guy made an awesome cover), but it 100% completes the look at makes it look far neater and put together.

I think it's worth it, unless you can make your own, it'll only hurt once to buy it, then you'll be happy you did!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:

A bit of wire tidying and Iíll be thrilled.
I notice you have Highway pegs fitted...share how/where from/ make please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofor View Post
Quote:

I notice you have Highway pegs fitted...share how/where from/ make please[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/images/TriumphBobberForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
Rivco Ultimate hwy pegs. $170 on Amazon. I love them, but they were a bitch to install. Had to pull the radiator and grind some of the sloppy factory welds to fit them. They fit right between the engine and radiator mounts. At least at my height that’s were they need to be. Another guy that’s 6’-3” was able to mount lower and in front of the exhaust pipe. I tried it there and it’s about a 5 minute install there, but at 5’-8” I could barely reach them.

They are solid and very well made. Once I got them in I was thrilled. While installing I was less than thrilled. Hard and time consuming, but the alternative is putting in crash bars and mounting a pair to them. Personally I think the crash bars for the Bobber look silly. They are so small.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Rivco Ultimate hwy pegs. $170 on Amazon. I love them, but they were a bitch to install. Had to pull the radiator and grind some of the sloppy factory welds to fit them. They fit right between the engine and radiator mounts. At least at my height thatís were they need to be. Another guy thatís 6í-3Ē was able to mount lower and in front of the exhaust pipe. I tried it there and itís about a 5 minute install there, but at 5í-8Ē I could barely reach them.

They are solid and very well made. Once I got them in I was thrilled. While installing I was less than thrilled. Hard and time consuming, but the alternative is putting in crash bars and mounting a pair to them. Personally I think the crash bars for the Bobber look silly. They are so small.
Cheers Brandon..a couple of pics would be nice when you have time.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofor View Post
Quote:
Rivco Ultimate hwy pegs. $170 on Amazon. I love them, but they were a bitch to install. Had to pull the radiator and grind some of the sloppy factory welds to fit them. They fit right between the engine and radiator mounts. At least at my height that’s were they need to be. Another guy that’s 6’-3” was able to mount lower and in front of the exhaust pipe. I tried it there and it’s about a 5 minute install there, but at 5’-8” I could barely reach them.

Cheers Brandon..a couple of pics would be nice when you have time.
Had these on the phone already. Sorry no close ups of the exact spot theyre attached, but I think you can get the idea from these pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1D23ACD2-C270-490B-A87F-01868DA335C2_1534428597089.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	27033   Click image for larger version

Name:	B30C86D4-D846-4ED5-B50D-4475C2A1CEF0_1534428637716.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	27035   Click image for larger version

Name:	FDC81CD4-66B8-4592-89F2-1A3423E126B1_1534428866681.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	27037   Click image for larger version

Name:	E1FFCCE2-DA20-4CD8-BE9D-8E60A96CDC57_1534428922616.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	27039  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 12:47 AM

Quote:

glad you had a successful install! i recently did the same mod and did go with the viba cover. it does take some time getting all the wires and stuff neatly arranged to get the cover on. it's pricey, but does the job and there's basically nothing else out there, and like capt. french, i'm not that creative as well. a good thing about the viba cover is that they created a nice area that is meant to put that chunky fuse box under. it has a separate removable panel so if you need to access that fusebox, you don't need to remove the entire cover.

oh, wanted to ask what crankcase breather filter are you using? i like how it doesn't have any shiny metal chrome on it like the k&n one that i have on. i like how yours is a little more subtle.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdannygunz View Post
Quote:

glad you had a successful install! i recently did the same mod and did go with the viba cover. it does take some time getting all the wires and stuff neatly arranged to get the cover on. it's pricey, but does the job and there's basically nothing else out there, and like capt. french, i'm not that creative as well. a good thing about the viba cover is that they created a nice area that is meant to put that chunky fuse box under. it has a separate removable panel so if you need to access that fusebox, you don't need to remove the entire cover.

oh, wanted to ask what crankcase breather filter are you using? i like how it doesn't have any shiny metal chrome on it like the k&n one that i have on. i like how yours is a little more subtle.
It’s also K&N. Amazon.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page