Triumph Bobber Forum banner

What did you do to your Triumph Bonneville Bobber today?

448K views 3K replies 257 participants last post by  ROADDAWG1953 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Share what you have done recently with the Bonneville Bobber forum community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally received my slash pipes, going to spend sometime with the install.

Example: Installed my custom side bags with brackets and when out for a ride.

Anything goes!

See less See more
#61 · (Edited)
Sweet helmet. Recently got the Biltwell ****** S Tracker full-face helmet, which has that similar retro vibe. Used to always just wear a half-helmet on my last sportster, but decided to not test fate any longer and go with a full-face. (Safety First!) Was thinking we should start a thread on members helmets and what styles they're wearing on the bobbers!

Attachments

#13 ·
In fairness it's a lovely bike, pulls well, is comfortable, looks fantastic & does everything you could ask of it. But does it excite me? No, not really. The bottom line is it was always going to be a garage queen, I'm behind on my building work at home and will have very little chance to use it this summer. Money talks and if it flips with a couple of grand profit, then it's a bonus, if not it stays in the garage and becomes a long term keeper, I haven't had it long enough and it hasn't excited me enough to have any sort of emotional attachment to it. I'll stress I never put my deposit down with the intention of flipping it for a few quid but I'm happy to let it go at the right price.

#17 ·
I agree. As stunning as the bike may be - it is not a speculators bike (like a Ducati Desmo or Sport 1000 that were made in limited numbers)
It will decrease in value like every other (mass) produced hunk of metal out there from the moment it touches the road.

Anyway, its a shame to hear you want to get rid of it - and i hope you get a good price for it. I hope you bond better with your next bike !

#19 ·
Correctly Sized Headlight: popped on a T100 black can / black bezel headlight using the British Customs mounting ears. I always thought the stock light was too small, looks much better now.

Been riding with the mirrors flipped since day one. They work well for me when flipped and I'm 6'3". I do have to watch clearance with my knees on U-turns.

Here is a side by side of the lights, old and new.

Attachments

#27 ·
I got the brushed in and installed. Not extremely impressed with the sound. A little lower rumble and not too much louder. I got the ones with non-removable baffles. I should have waited for more exhaust to come out. I always get in a hurry.

Mark Graham
Bondurant, IA

#33 ·
got my x-pipe put on by the dealer.
the next day its getting louder and louder.
rode back into my garage after 70 miles and one of the castle nuts holding the split flange to the head was missing and the other was only finger tight...
bonehead mechanic never torqued them down.

they actually came out to me with a spare nut and a torque wrench