• 2 Post By MX429
  • 2 Post By muensterDeath
  • 2 Post By muensterDeath
  • 3 Post By ysoslo
  • 2 Post By MX429

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Installed JW Speaker Motodemic adaptive light

I purchased the Motodemic adaptive LED light from the good folks at A&J Cycles. I was going to post some pictures of the installation but there really is no need. It is super simple and took less than 5 minutes. With the Motodemic kit, everything is plug and play. The light appears to be high quality and adds the the looks of the bike even when it is off.

The performance:

The start up feature is kind of cool as it goes through a lighting sequence.
The low beam didn’t blow me away. While it is a whiter light than stock and better, it wasn’t a night and day difference.
The high beam performance is superb and much better than stock. It really reaches out into the night where the stock light did not.
The adaptive feature - DO NOT buy the light without it. It is such a cool feature to lean into a turn and see the light change pattern to light up the dark spots. This is really a cool feature.

If you are on the fence about this product, I would say pull the trigger. If you don’t ride at night, it may or may not be worth it, but the looks are nice. If you ride at night, I think it’s worth it for the safety factor alone.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Hi MX.
Just a thought; have you adjusted the headlight angle? I know alot of them come un/misaligned from stock.

I´m also really happy with the adaptive feature. But my favorite bit is the start up sequence
muensterDeath and ysoslo like this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Hi MX.
Just a thought; have you adjusted the headlight angle? I know alot of them come un/misaligned from stock.

I´m also really happy with the adaptive feature. But my favorite bit is the start up sequence
No, I did not and should have mentioned that. The next task will be positioning and aiming it with the instructions posted on the JW Speaker site. I will update after I do. I feel as if it could be shooting a tad high now and may account for some of the low beam being washed out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Aimed the headlight better today. It was pointed slightly too high after the install. The high beam performance is amazing compared to stock. The low beam performance is better now that it is aimed more correctly and the adaptive feature is still a huge plus.

Overall, although expensive, I feel confident saying that this was money well spent.
eisen77 and ysoslo like this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX429 View Post
Aimed the headlight better today. It was pointed slightly too high after the install. The high beam performance is amazing compared to stock. The low beam performance is better now that it is aimed more correctly and the adaptive feature is still a huge plus.

Overall, although expensive, I feel confident saying that this was money well spent.
When I installed mine I thought, hmmm, low beam is not as good as I hoped, and then hit the brights and was able to see squirrel nests in the trees.....it was way to high. Adjusted and its a great addition!
eisen77 and MX429 like this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 06:23 PM

For that kind of money Id want It to make me a cuppa tea also .
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-Vel View Post
For that kind of money Id want It to make me a cuppa tea also .
It may not do that, but it may help avoid making Roadkill Steaks....Or chicken-pothole pie....
eisen77 and ysoslo like this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 01:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by muensterDeath View Post
It may not do that, but it may help avoid making Roadkill Steaks....Or chicken-pothole pie....
This was my thought too. If it saves one accident, it pays for itself. Plus it looks super funky cool!
eisen77, muensterDeath and MX429 like this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
This was my thought too. If it saves one accident, it pays for itself. Plus it looks super funky cool!
Now that I have been on the bike several times at night with it pointed correctly, I am convinced it was money well spent. And......you are right. It looks cool.
eisen77 and muensterDeath like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page