High beam activation with clutch - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Hi,
I love my bobber! I can't keep off of it. I've made some modifications, heated grips, leather seat, pipes, x pipe.
The other day I noticed that the high beam was activated every time I use the clutch! Drivers think I'm flashing them to move over all the time.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?
Outside of that ...i have 0 complaints and I'm in love with this bike.
Andy
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 01:16 AM

Clutch activated high beam - Well that's different.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Gorstein View Post
Hi,
I love my bobber! I can't keep off of it. I've made some modifications, heated grips, leather seat, pipes, x pipe.
The other day I noticed that the high beam was activated every time I use the clutch! Drivers think I'm flashing them to move over all the time.
Andy
There was a couple other members stating that when they grabbed the lever they were accidentally hitting the high beam with their fingers. Perhaps it's how you are grabbing the lever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Gorstein View Post
Hi,
Andy
when i first got the bike, i would constantly activate the high beam switch when using the turn signals, due to my hand shifting over and bumping the switch. since then, i've adjusted for where the high beam switch is located. however i do accidentally bump it from time to time (especially depends on what gloves i'm wearing).

i don't like where the highbeam switch is located (also the horn button too, as i've accidentally hit that as well) as it's all crammed in such a tight area that they are prone to bumping and accidentally triggering. they seemed to have positioned them for quick and easy access - but on all my previous bikes, i've never been in a situation where i've needed to use them in an "emergency situation". never had to flash a highbeam (not like i would flash someone to get out of my way), nor ever use my horn (not like most people would ever hear it anyways). plus always learned that the horn was basically useless, so on all my bikes, never really knew where that button was located.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page