New member, new Bobber, new to the road. - Triumph Bobber Forum
 10Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave
  • 6 Post By Dave
  • 3 Post By eisen77

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

New member, new Bobber, new to the road.

G'day from Australia!

A couple of months ago and for some unknown reason an add flashed up on my computer about the new Bobber. I had always been keen on Harleys and the "forty eight" would have been my bike of choice. When I saw the pic of the bobber and then watched the videos and reviews on youtube the obsession started. Flash forward 2 months and now there's a new Triumph Bobber residing in my office at home!. I could not be more satisfied with this bike. I am VERY green when it comes to road riding. I currently ride enduro on a 2014 Yamaha WR450 and in fact other then a few short bursts between trails I really have little experience on the road in comparison to most of you guys. I did fit some motard wheels to the WR a few months back but this passion has now taken a back seat! Can anyone offer advice on helmets? The dealership threw in an Rjays Sturgiss Platinum open face helmet (I had never worn an open face before) My head must be a strange shape cause I tried on a medium (my size in a FOX moto helmet) and it felt like I was trying to squeeze a cube into a round hole Not comfortable at all. Tried a large which was more comfortable and felt okay in the shop. Once on the road and doing about 100kph It felt like it was going to blow off my head and the only thing holding it there was the strap! But perhaps this is normal but not something I was used to coming from a moto x helmet with goggles. I Went for another ride yesterday and this time wore a thin beanie under the helmet and it was much better but still not perfect. I think my sunglass selection might be contributing to this effect and there seems to be a lot of wind blowing about behind them to the point that I've gottta squint my eyes. Not a great solution at high speed? Anyway perhaps all you seasoned riders might just consider this normal and tell me to suck it up? Any advice? (other than "get a full face")
Administrator likes this.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 04:37 PM

Garage
G'day and welcome!

I'd go to a large bike shop and try on helmets from various manufacturers. We all have different shaped heads and some makes of helmet will suit you, some won't. I used to wear a Schuberth, which was fine until riding at higher speeds, when it vibrated on my head. I now wear a Premier, and it's as if they took a mould of my head to make it, the fit is perfect, no movement at higher speeds, and it's soooo comfortable. Oh, and it's open face.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 08:20 PM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations! Just wondering how you managed to get the Bobber inside of the office...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

I have a 4ft wide front door. Wife not impressed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Housebike2.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	4321  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
But we are !!!
MikenLbk, Louie and DevilDog like this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Ha! That's awesome. Triumph should use that in their adds.

There is another thread on helmets. Perhaps a 3/4 helmet with face shield will help. I have a Nolan N21 and its fine at normal speesds. At 80+ mph I do experience some helmet lift though.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 07:56 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page