Love my new Bobber! - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By djdannygunz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Love my new Bobber!

hello fellow riders! just got my bobber delivered today. loving it. glad i found this site. a bit of a change coming from my previous 2007 harley sportster 883XL which was the only bike i rode for 10 years. getting used to the new bike, as it's quite different from the harley, but so much more fun to ride! one thing i kinda noticed today while riding (which i didn't notice during my test rides), is that sometimes it's easy to trigger the high beam headlight accidentally when activating/deactivating the turn signals, due to where the button is located. anybody else notice this? it may have been the particular gloves that i was wearing. may try one of my other pair of gloves to see if it helps eliminate this. other than that i love the torque on this thing! cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dg_bobber.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	304.0 KB
ID:	3306  
Administrator likes this.

Last edited by djdannygunz; 06-10-2017 at 10:39 PM.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 10:39 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. As for the high beam switch, I don't have an issue with the placement.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spridal View Post
Congrats and welcome to the forum. As for the high beam switch, I don't have an issue with the placement.
thanks! oh, i forgot to mention that i do have short/stubby thumbs. so i kind of have to shift my left hand over a little to be able to activate the signals. that may be the reason i'm accidentally hitting the high beam switch. nothing a little practice won't fix. cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 04:40 AM

Garage
Welcome and congrats on a great purchase.

I was accidentally hitting the high beam button when signaling for the first few days but haven't done it since.

The first time it happened was on my ride home from the dealer. I noticed the blue warning sign and assumed I had actually switched on the lights by mistake. Even after pulling up and having a good look through all the switches I couldn't figure out how to switch the lights off. It was only when I got home and read the manual that I realized they are permanently on!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Hippy View Post
Welcome and congrats on a great purchase.

I was accidentally hitting the high beam button when signaling for the first few days but haven't done it since.

The first time it happened was on my ride home from the dealer. I noticed the blue warning sign and assumed I had actually switched on the lights by mistake. Even after pulling up and having a good look through all the switches I couldn't figure out how to switch the lights off. It was only when I got home and read the manual that I realized they are permanently on!
Thanks! Glad I'm not the only one who's experienced this. I'm sure I'll get the hang of not triggering the high beam. Happy Riding!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 03:40 PM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Have you found anything else you want to change yet? How many miles are you in through the break-in period so far?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

thanks! just got the bike delivered yesterday, so still haven't put really any miles on the bike yet (just rode around a little to get situated and get everything adjusted to my liking). right when i got the bike delivered, there wasn't much gas in the tank, so the first thing i did was rode down to the gas station. right then somebody saw my bike and gave me a thumbs up and said, "nice!" have a feeling this bike does and will get a lot of compliments! i'm planning on getting an x-pipe installed in the next week or so. the stock exhaust sound is nice but definitely could be a little louder/throatier. i live in ca so i regularly lane split - so i like people to hear me coming (not super loud, but enough that people will know i'm there - especially with so many people distracted with their phones! yikes!) there's not that many exhaust options out there at the moment so the dealership definitely recommended going with the x-pipe. plus i like keeping the stock exhaust look too. once i get it installed, i'll try to post some before and after sound clips. other than that, theres not much i really want to change (at least yet). i do like all the black cover accessories that triumph offers though.

Last edited by djdannygunz; 06-11-2017 at 06:48 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdannygunz View Post
...one thing i kinda noticed today while riding (which i didn't notice during my test rides), is that sometimes it's easy to trigger the high beam headlight accidentally when activating/deactivating the turn signals, due to where the button is located. anybody else notice this? it may have been the particular gloves that i was wearing. may try one of my other pair of gloves to see if it helps eliminate this...

...i like people to hear me coming (not super loud, but enough that people will know i'm there - especially with so many people distracted with their phones!...
I've found the same thing with the high beam switch. That's the trouble with bikes today, so much electro bling requiring buttons that they is running outa places to put switchs.

Re noise, unfortunately I've found the same. What-ever on-road bike I ride, either a Vespa scooter or a straight-through pipes Harley, my 'uniform' is the same so 'I' look the same. Though guess which bike I ride that gets cut off and ignored on the road. So sadly on public roads a noisey bike is a safer bike.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page