Hi from Berkhamsted - Triumph Bobber Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Hi from Berkhamsted

Hi guys.

Ordered my bobber a few months ago. Just been down to finalise the deal as it had arrived.

Moving from a Thunderbird Commander which has been a brilliant bike but I'm just not going long distances much any more and wanted something a bit lighter to push around.

Took one for a test drive just to make sure.

I've ordered a brown ribbed seat and the right side pannier, somewhere to carry waterproofs and other gear.

But mainly ordered the ape hangers in black, being vertically challenged I found that the bobber's bars were a little too far forward and gave me too much wrist strain in slow traffic. I had the same problem, albeit a bit more pronounced, with my 900 Thruxton. It was great on the open road but in heavy traffic got a bit too much.

Must be old age catching up with me.

I'd been considering a T120 Black but when I saw the new Bobber, well I was smitten.

I might miss the torque on the Thunderbird a bit but the bobber is really nice and light to throw around and has plenty of get up and go.

I should be a proud owner next Saturday, got to wait a bit longer for the new bars looks like July for them.

So here I am looking for ideas and like minded souls.
Administrator and Nozzer like this.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_b View Post
Hi guys.

Ordered my bobber a few months ago. Just been down to finalise the deal as it had arrived.

Moving from a Thunderbird Commander which has been a brilliant bike but I'm just not going long distances much any more and wanted something a bit lighter to push around.

Took one for a test drive just to make sure.

I've ordered a brown ribbed seat and the right side pannier, somewhere to carry waterproofs and other gear.

But mainly ordered the ape hangers in black, being vertically challenged I found that the bobber's bars were a little too far forward and gave me too much wrist strain in slow traffic. I had the same problem, albeit a bit more pronounced, with my 900 Thruxton. It was great on the open road but in heavy traffic got a bit too much.

Must be old age catching up with me.

I'd been considering a T120 Black but when I saw the new Bobber, well I was smitten.

I might miss the torque on the Thunderbird a bit but the bobber is really nice and light to throw around and has plenty of get up and go.

I should be a proud owner next Saturday, got to wait a bit longer for the new bars looks like July for them.

So here I am looking for ideas and like minded souls.

Congratulations and welcome.

I suspect after a few rides you won't miss the torque at all! I'm surprised at the little bobber every time I ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 02:27 PM

Congratulations and welcome good friend! Can't wait to hear your impressions on your first extended journey with your Bobber. Once you adjust and get through the break-in period, you'll find there's no looking back just like many have mentioned on the boards!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats & welcome to the forum.
Lots of ideas and great people on the forum
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 01:09 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I too had a Thunderbird and I can only tell you that life is so much easier with the Bobber.
It's so easy to move around by comparison and I find that I use it far more than I did the Thunderbird.
Love the way it handles. Friend with Multistrada has trouble keeping up on twisties.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Confirmed pick up on Saturday, the excitement is building.
eisen77 and BobberFett like this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 03:42 PM

Did they send any photos of un-boxing at all? Or would they even let you partake in the un-boxing?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Congratulations! Lot of good information and feedback on the forum. Enjoy your new Bobber.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not too long to go now!!!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lure View Post
Did they send any photos of un-boxing at all? Or would they even let you partake in the un-boxing?
The bike was in the showroom already built. I could have arranged to see the unboxing I suppose but I need to work to pay for it

Just another day, Registration doc arrived today and the insurance is already set up to change.

Just gotta put the battery back in the Tbird and give her a quick clean. Gotta go for a last ride on her tomorrow morning.

She's been a great bike but the bobber suits the sort of riding I've been doing recently and I'm looking forward to getting a few miles on her tomorrow afternoon.

Roll on Saturday.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page