8Likes
  • 6 Post By profman
  • 1 Post By eisen77
  • 1 Post By Bobby

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

New Bobber Owner

Greetings All!

Iím a very happy owner of a new Triumph Bobber in beautiful race green. Iíve ridden motorcycles for 30 years and have owned just about every type of Harley. I currently own a wonderful Street Glide Special in Moroccan Gold. That said, when I saw the very first advertisement for the Bobber I was mesmerized and the thought came to me that maybe, just maybe, owning 2 bikes might be better than owning 1.

When I found out that Triumph of Cincinnati had not only a couple of Bobbers but also had one in race green, I shot up there (yes, on my Harley) to take a look. It was better than expected and the more I looked at the bike, the more I realized all the attention to detail. All metal, no plastic, and just a beautiful and aggressive presentation. Then it happened, the GM asked if I wanted to test ride one. Since I had about 15 minutes before I had to leave, I said ďsureĒ and rode the bike around the parking lot. When I got done, I was not only happy but decided to shoot back up later in the week for a full bore test run.

A couple of days later, the test ride closed the deal. Amazing responsiveness, agile, and the power delivery was a delight. Even the sound of the bike was perfect. Not too loud (yes, I ride a Harley) but deep and aggressive.

I stand 6í2Ē and weigh 208 (pure hulking muscle, of course) and was concerned that I might be too large for the bike. I can tell you after 200 miles on my first weekend, I have no concerns. The bike is remarkably comfy and the riding angle allows for almost straight up riding or a more aggressive posture.

Highway performance is also solid. Iím not sure how the bike breaks up the air but Iím just fine at 80mph. I donít feel like I have to hold on for dear life nor am I tired after a brief stint. The engine delivers a lot of power so I can pass at will. That said, the bike is really home on the back roads---and where I live, some of the back roads are awesome.

Loving my new Bobber and look forward to yammering away with some of you!
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
Looking forward too seeing some pics of the bike and roads !
Great to hear such glowing reports
Rocky likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 11:05 AM

Welcome to the forums!

Planning on modifications yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 12:35 PM

Congrats on the new addition to your garage! Now comes the hard part, deciding on which bike to ride every day; the Harley or the Triumph?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

You know, Iím just not sure. I love the bike the way it is. I might add some engine details and then wait and see what the aftermarket brings.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by profman View Post
You know, Iím just not sure. I love the bike the way it is. I might add some engine details and then wait and see what the aftermarket brings.
I'm in agreement. I like what everyone is doing with their bikes but also am very happy with the stock bike. I will def look at exhaust options as they emerge, and the headlight as our high beam is not affective. I even like the bulby turn signal assemblies.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:20 PM

The triumph bonneville bobber is still relatively new so I assume we still have a while to wait until the aftermarket comes out with model specific pieces instead of universal ones that just happens to fit the Bobber.

There's nothing wrong with liking a stock bike, the Bobber is a beauty straight off the showroom floors.
Forjox likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yesterday on a run to the grocery store, a guy (fellow Triumph owner, T120) called across the parking lot, "is that the new bobber?". We engaged in conversation and he eventually asked what all I have done to it. My response was drive it, put gas in it and wax it, that's it. He was blown away. He was thinking it was lowered, accents added, etc. So yes, the bike looks "factory custom" for sure.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page