Hello all. - Triumph Bobber Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Hello all.

I have been a Harley rider for 25 years and wanted a change. Always had an interest in Triumphs and when the Bobber came out it convinced me time to change. Took delivery of my Morello Red Bobber about three weeks ago. A blast to ride and looking forward to adding the parts I have ordered. Pics to follow soon.
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
I have been a Harley rider for 25 years and wanted a change. Always had an interest in Triumphs and when the Bobber came out it convinced me time to change. Took delivery of my Morello Red Bobber about three weeks ago. A blast to ride and looking forward to adding the parts I have ordered. Pics to follow soon.
Welcome to Triumph & the forum!
Which was your last Harley before making the switch? Interesting to hear your thoughts on how the bikes compare.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 02:46 PM

Garage
Welcome! I was looking at Harleys a while back, but was put off by the local dealer and all of their "Harley Lifestyle" crap. On top of that my son is a Triumph guy and threatened to burn any Harleys that ended up in my garage. I inherited a Victory Vegas last year and while it was a cool bike with a great motor, the way it handled and the riding position didn't excite me. I sold the Victory and bought a Yamaha FZ-09 (great bike) last month, but when I saw my Bobber on the showroom floor last week I had to buy it. I also have my son's a 2006 Triumph Scrambler in the garage.

Enjoy your bike. I'm loving mine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 04:42 PM

Same here! Harley guy for 30 years and still ride one. The Bobber is very different and just a joy to ride.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 12:32 PM

Welcome to the forum! How's it feel to ride a Triumph after 25 years of Harleys?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by profman View Post
Same here! Harley guy for 30 years and still ride one. The Bobber is very different and just a joy to ride.
How do you like handling and overall ride in and out of turns?
Being someone thats always looking to have some fun like that, its what im usually interested in knowing.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 08:02 PM

I love the way this bike performs. You can get pretty aggressive in the turns, hold a line, and power through with ease. Switching your weight is a breeze and the low center of gravity helps make turning back-to-back simple and exhilarating. When Iím on my Harley I have the weight of the bike to manage and while its a great ride, its not as responsive as the Bobber. Add to this the fact that my Harley has a fairing so almost no wind blast where the Bobber is straight out open........ and you just get the feeling that you are riding a raw, aggressive motorcycle. The low end torque and the way the power is cleanly delivered throughout the power band is really remarkable. I have to say Triumph just nailed it.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bobber View Post
Welcome! I was looking at Harleys a while back, but was put off by the local dealer and all of their "Harley Lifestyle" crap. On top of that my son is a Triumph guy and threatened to burn any Harleys that ended up in my garage. I inherited a Victory Vegas last year and while it was a cool bike with a great motor, the way it handled and the riding position didn't excite me. I sold the Victory and bought a Yamaha FZ-09 (great bike) last month, but when I saw my Bobber on the showroom floor last week I had to buy it. I also have my son's a 2006 Triumph Scrambler in the garage.

Enjoy your bike. I'm loving mine!
When I started looking, was looking at the HD Nightster. But then had settled on and started saving for a Street Twin. Then saw the Bobber release, waited, read the reviews from all the folks that got to test ride them in !adrid, put my money on the preorder a couple weeks later.

The Nighster was really the only HD I really liked, but liked the post war style of the Triumph (was riding a Royal Enfiled when I stared looking for a new bike.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

I have had a variety of Harley's over the years from my first bike a Fat Boy then to a Road King, Ultra, Streetglide and my last two a Softail Deluxe and a Roadglide. I enjoyed them all in different ways from their esthetic appeal to their riding style. The fun part was the never ending variety of aftermarket parts and of course the Harley catalog of parts. I know this is a Triumph forum and I have moved on from the Harley world to the Triumph world when the Bobber was born.
I had been contemplating a change as I mentioned in my initial post. The Bobber did it for me. It was different, very cool looking, old school, high performance engine, fun to ride, nimble and provides the performance I was looking for. Not to mention I see this bike like the beginning of a painting. Think of the new parts, modifications, ideas that will transform this bike to an individuals ideas and styles. I am excited about owning this motorcycle, being a part of this forum and looking forward to the pictures of your individual Bobber and comments. Have fun!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 11:10 AM

Which parts have you ordered so far??

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page