Hi from Sussex UK - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Hi from Sussex UK

My Bobber is being delivered tomorrow. Have gone for the ape-hangers, as they were infinitely more comfortable (for me) than the standard bars, when I tried both at the London Bike Show. Have gone for a few other extras and will post a piccie when it gets here.
I already have a 2004 Triumph Thruxton but couldn't resist the Bobber. It's like it's the bike I've been waiting for all my riding life. Hope I'm not disappointed!!

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stgarry View Post
My Bobber is being delivered tomorrow. Have gone for the ape-hangers, as they were infinitely more comfortable (for me) than the standard bars, when I tried both at the London Bike Show. Have gone for a few other extras and will post a piccie when it gets here.
I already have a 2004 Triumph Thruxton but couldn't resist the Bobber. It's like it's the bike I've been waiting for all my riding life. Hope I'm not disappointed!!

Congrats!!
You wont be disappointed at all
Which other extras did you go for?

Good luck getting a full nights sleep tonight
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 12:17 PM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations. I'm expecting these photos after you take the long.. really long way back home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 08:27 PM

Just saying hello. I am Sussex born and bred but live in Surrey now in touching distance of Sussex & Hampshire.
By bobber is due in May, but like you, don't feel comfortable with the seating position. Its like sitting in my van all day with my hands close to my knees.
I am in 2 minds whether to cancel my order and switch to a T120 black or possibly wait for a 'not yet announced' Speed Twin.
What didn't you like about the bars ?? I feel i need something in between the flat bars & the ape hangers. Maybe T120 or scrambler bars. Anyone know if these will fit ?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucknut View Post
I feel i need something in between the flat bars & the ape hangers. Maybe T120 or scrambler bars. Anyone know if these will fit ?
I am going to see my Triumph dealer today. I'll ask him if any of those could fit...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

So i had a chat with my Triumph dealer.
He sees no reason why a T120 bar would not fit a Bobber, however he can't comment on cable length compatibility & stated that for safety reasons Triumph would not install the bar (though they CAN sell it )

*** It was a salesperson i spoke with, NOT the mechanic (as he was out on a test ride...)

Last edited by eisen77; 03-17-2017 at 08:28 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Bike was delivered 10 days ago.
I had specified high bars but apparently they will not be available from Triumph until mid-April.
Had also spec'd for black engine cases, but the special engine oil they use for running in isn't available to dealers, so have to wait until 1st service to have those fitted.

Otherwise, it's a cracking good bike!

Will post piccies after 1st service when fully spec'd and fitted out

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page