Bobber Owner Spotted, Headcorn In Kent? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Bobber Owner Spotted, Headcorn In Kent?

Whilst out riding a few weeks back I briefly shared a set of lights with a guy who was on a Bobber, finished in Ironside paint. I said something like... “Triumph’s fastest selling bike my ar$e, I never see any others out in the wild”. I honest couldn’t hear his reply, then the lights changed to green and we were off. He was accompanied by a guy who was riding a new Speedmaster. We rode together through to Sutton Valence and then went separate ways.

Anyone on here?
dutch_bobber_black likes this.

Last edited by Mike J Commo; 07-17-2018 at 02:29 AM.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 10:13 AM

Headcorn? I should be used to odd Village names. I watch Midsomer Murders almost every night.

I can't think of anything more fun than to ride a Triumph around Great Britain. Wish I was there.
ysoslo and Mike J Commo like this.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
Headcorn? I should be used to odd Village names. I watch Midsomer Murders almost every night.

I can't think of anything more fun than to ride a Triumph around Great Britain. Wish I was there.
I’m pretty sure there are plenty of folk this side of the pond dreaming of riding around States side!
gfspencer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 12:25 PM

Garage
Quote:

It's all traffic and concrete... You wouldn't want to come here...
Psychopasta and gfspencer like this.

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzilazz View Post
It's all traffic and concrete... You wouldn't want to come here...
Ha! I've already been to England and Scotland five times, once to Ireland, and once to Wales. (I even got to Islay.) You can't fool me.

Triumph Bobber Black
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 02:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Ha! I've already been to England and Scotland five times, once to Ireland, and once to Wales. (I even got to Islay.) You can't fool me.
But you can't speak the language!
gfspencer likes this.

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
**** it... he’s on to us!
gfspencer likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzilazz View Post
But you can't speak the language!
I say. That's rather cheeky. Do you think I'm a nutter?
Psychopasta likes this.

Triumph Bobber Black
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 04:29 PM
Roy

Garage
I too find Triumphs in general and Bobbers specifically somewhat thin on the ground where I live.

I'm in a small northern New Mexico town, 'loads' of bike here but almost exclusively Harley's. Needless to say when I park up in town I often get some interest. Often this is from older bikers many of whom still ride Harley's but have very fond memories of Triumphs from way back in the 60's or 70's, so they are often thrilled to see a 'new' one.

One wonderful really old Latino chap had some lovely memories to share from his days riding Norton's and Triumph's back the 1960's, his comment on my new Bobber was that "they 'really nailed the design on that".

There may not be many around these parts but I'm thrilled to be flying the flag so to speak.

Cheerio,

Roy
ysoslo, Mike J Commo and bofor like this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
I too find Triumphs in general and Bobbers specifically somewhat thin on the ground where I live.

I'm in a small northern New Mexico town, 'loads' of bike here but almost exclusively Harley's. Needless to say when I park up in town I often get some interest. Often this is from older bikers many of whom still ride Harley's but have very fond memories of Triumphs from way back in the 60's or 70's, so they are often thrilled to see a 'new' one.

One wonderful really old Latino chap had some lovely memories to share from his days riding Norton's and Triumph's back the 1960's, his comment on my new Bobber was that "they 'really nailed the design on that".

There may not be many around these parts but I'm thrilled to be flying the flag so to speak.

Cheerio,

Roy
It’s intersting to learn about how things are in other parts of the world.

I have to say the reaction to my BB at cafe etc meets has been on the whole very positive. Many people walk across to have a look around it and often people hang around waiting to have a chat with me about it.

I had an old guy a little while back who shouted out of his car window at me, “that’s a credit to you Son, looking after an old bike like that” I didn’t have the heart to tell him it was two months old, so I just said in return, “cheers”
Psychopasta, gfspencer and Roy like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page