• 1 Post By eisen77
  • 2 Post By eisen77
  • 1 Post By Bobby

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Cool Bobber Mallorca

Hi,

My name is Ellie & i live in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
I am the proud owner of the first Bobber on the Island.

Triumph Mallorca officially unveiled the Bobber and Scrambler last night.
It was a small gathering - but full of fun, enthusiastic people & a fantastic ambience.

The Ironstone Bobber in the pic is my one and i have already added quite a number of accessories from the Triumph list.
Once i get the bike home, i will post a more detailed review of what i added/changed - and quickly hide the receipts from my WIFE

I was supposed to pick it up today, however the weather dictates otherwise - so it will have to wait until Monday!

Saludos from Spain

AND A VIDEO LINK:

Me
Administrator and DownLow like this.

Last edited by eisen77; 02-24-2017 at 02:14 AM.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 11:43 AM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a Bobber! It's a beauty alright. What accessories have you added?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownLow View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a Bobber! It's a beauty alright. What accessories have you added?
Thanks for the welcome.

The accessories so far:

Polished/brushed fuel cap (done at a local workshop as I hate chrome)
Handlebar clamp
Fox rear shock
Vance & Hines slip ons (still on back order)
Clutch cable guide - black
Short front mud guard
Black headlight bezel
Black oil filler cap
Rider footrests
Brushed ribbed clutch badge
Brushed ribbed ACG badge
Brushed ribbed TPS cover
Heated grips
Gunmetal head bolt covers
Paddock stand bobbins + stand

A few of those pieces are about to be delivered, so I will probably install them once the H&V slip ons arrive.

Still considering cruise control - though not really necessary for such a bike, I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 05:04 PM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations. With a list like that.. hiding the receipts from the wife does seem like a great idea haha! Can't wait to hear your impressions and a more detailed review. Can't wait to see the "finished" product (We're never truly finished modding.. the mod bug never leaves!)
eisen77 likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Going to pick up the bike (AT LAST!) in a couple of hours.
I'll have a ride around town and a short motorway ride.
Once home I will post some pics and thoughts...
DownLow likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 12:04 PM

Hope the weather is nice for your first ride. Can't wait to see some up close pictures of your bobber and the installed accessories.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

So i managed to do about 100+km with the bike today.
The bike handles amazingly well in the city and country roads! Light, nimble, fun, fast and sounds fantastic. I can't wait to hear the V&H slip ons!!
As expected, the mototrway journey was horrible and I will avoid as much as possible from now on

The suspension and chassis are unaffected by badly paved roads and even handle bumps pretty well. That surprised me for a bike that LOOKS so unforgiving in such situations. I do not know how much of this is down to the FOX shock (as i never test rode a standard bike), but i can feel the shock doing its job while providing feel, grip and an ultra smooth ride.
Brakes are adequate - but require a very firm squeeze in order to rub off serious speed.

At 6´ 1¨, i find the most comfy position is with the seat in the FORWARD most position (which some refer to as the ´sport´position)

Needless to say i am over the moon with my Bobber. I am still waiting for some accessories to come in - but as soon as they do i will post some pics.

Here are some from today:

Administrator and Bobby like this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:53 AM

Looking great on your Bobber! The ride comfort can partially be attributed to the Fox shocks, their products are used in off road riding too so it's no surprise that they'll feel great on a road going bike.

Seems like most people prefer to sit in the most forward position on the Bobber.
eisen77 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page