Delivery Day & First Impressions - Triumph Bobber Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Delivery Day & First Impressions

Didnít pick up the bike last Saturday because of awful weather, so took today off and picked up my new competition green Bobber

First thoughts, from the first few minutes were:

Sounds great
Noticeably more torque than my old T120
No brakes! Found them quickly enough, but needed a little more of a pull than Iíve been used to!
Suspension is very firm - might want to upgrade

After riding for a few hours, a new seat went to the top of the to-do list. The rear part of the seat doesnít seem to fit my arse very well! Apart from that, what a great bike to ride! Itís been almost 5 months since I rode (last ride didnít end well for the T120 or me ) and it was great to get back out on the road, on a great bike - perfect day!

Here are a few pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	437.0 KB
ID:	20793   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	462.7 KB
ID:	20801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	20809  
Ribkick, Greybeard and gfspencer like this.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 09:05 AM

Nice one. I'm well pleased for you. It looks great in the sunshine.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 09:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Bob View Post

After riding for a few hours, a new seat went to the top of the to-do list. The rear part of the seat doesnít seem to fit my arse very well! Apart from that, what a great bike to ride!

Here are a few pics
Before you throw the baby out with the bath water try playing around with the seatís position, itís on an angled strut so moving it up and down changes the profile.

Other OEM options are Triumph's quilted and statement seat theyíre less cupped so might fit you better although if youíve got a sensitive backside itís probably worth giving the Statement seat a miss! In that case if youíre looking for ultimate comfort and you can live with it being slightly bulkier then the Corbin looks like the best bet, but weíll know more when we get some owner reviews.

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Triumph Bonneville Bobber | 800-538-7035
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Congrats and looks great!..I have the same color!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on your new bike !

I have a Corbin seat and Triumph quilted brown on the way. Iíll post my thoughts once received.

In case you are wondering: I am changing seats and trying so many due to a painful coccyx.

The statement is great. Definitely takes some getting used to and I would not use it for long rides, but with coffee breaks in the middle I find it far better than the OEM.
So, the statement is definitely a keeper and for short blasts (not more than 150km, for me at least) i highly recommend it.
The quilted is meant to have a flatter profile with good support (and less cupping) so it may well fit my profile and ďpushĒ less on my coccyx area.
It looks great and is definitely worth trying.

Corbin is a big question mark - but I am willing to give it a go (and allow a long break in period) Although itís had some nice compliments, no one has really tested one yet. At 96kg and 6 1í , I should fit in the Corbin quite well - as they are made for bigger guys to help distribute weight & spread it out to prevent hotspots, etc.
I also think the Corbin looks really good (maybe a touch bulky)

Last option is to have the OEM seat redone. If all else fails, then I will look into that too. But I am hoping the Corbin will fix my issues.

Will update as and when ...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXTony View Post
Nice one. I'm well pleased for you. It looks great in the sunshine.
Thanks mate
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber-Bomb View Post
Before you throw the baby out with the bath water try playing around with the seatís position, itís on an angled strut so moving it up and down changes the profile.

Other OEM options are Triumph's quilted and statement seat theyíre less cupped so might fit you better although if youíve got a sensitive backside itís probably worth giving the Statement seat a miss! In that case if youíre looking for ultimate comfort and you can live with it being slightly bulkier then the Corbin looks like the best bet, but weíll know more when we get some owner reviews.

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Triumph Bonneville Bobber | 800-538-7035
Have had mine for over a year and can't believe I am asking this question.....

I thought it could only go forward or back? Are you saying you can tilt the seat whether it is in the forward or rear position? If you can, I'll be seeing if I can lift the rear of the seat upward to achieve a seat based lean toward the bars rather than a reach.
Skykop likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber-Bomb View Post

Thanks for the advice, but it was just too late - Iíve ordered the quilted seat! Iím hoping the flatter profile will work for me. I had a Corbin on a previous bike and it was great, so that will probably be Plan C.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muensterDeath View Post
Congrats and looks great!..I have the same color!
Thanks Muenster - you have great taste
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Congrats on your new bike !

I have a Corbin seat and Triumph quilted brown on the way. Iíll post my thoughts once received.

In case you are wondering: I am changing seats and trying so many due to a painful coccyx.

The statement is great. Definitely takes some getting used to and I would not use it for long rides, but with coffee breaks in the middle I find it far better than the OEM.
So, the statement is definitely a keeper and for short blasts (not more than 150km, for me at least) i highly recommend it.
The quilted is meant to have a flatter profile with good support (and less cupping) so it may well fit my profile and ďpushĒ less on my coccyx area.
It looks great and is definitely worth trying.

Corbin is a big question mark - but I am willing to give it a go (and allow a long break in period) Although itís had some nice compliments, no one has really tested one yet. At 96kg and 6 1í , I should fit in the Corbin quite well - as they are made for bigger guys to help distribute weight & spread it out to prevent hotspots, etc.
I also think the Corbin looks really good (maybe a touch bulky)

Last option is to have the OEM seat redone. If all else fails, then I will look into that too. But I am hoping the Corbin will fix my issues.

Will update as and when ...
Good luck - the Ďpushí you mention was what was causing me the problem too.
eisen77 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page