Wheel Swapping - Going 200? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crook

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Wheel Swapping - Going 200?

Has anyone dealt with swapping the rear wheel for 16x5.5 rear wheel so they could fit a 200 section tyre?

I know Canyon Motorcycles sell a kit but after shipping and taxes its going to hit around the £2000 mark, which seems excessive. Then I'll need to factor in the effort to re-fab a new rear mudguard on top. https://www.canyonmotorcycles.com/pr...el-kit-stage-1

I'm only just starting my research into this but it seems, so long as the axle is the same diameter, that means it should still be possible to mount the rear floating caliper. That just leaves the disk and sprocket mounting.

so long as the rear disk is the same diameter and the chain and sprocket are spaced correctly, all should work?

This is just a general brain storm to see if anyone else has done this before on another bike and knows 1st hand of any pitfalls. I'm also aware of the whole 'effect on handling' & 'it'll look like a Harley' arguments so I'm just focusing on the engineering side for the moment.
Luap Remlap likes this.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 04:59 AM

Garage
Interesting!

I would like to fit 180, but in Italy it almost impossible to have the registration on the bike documents...

Fabrizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page