White Walls VS Chain Lube..? - Page 2 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 02:04 PM

I use this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-Te...11-oz/16672659

I removed my chainguard and have yet to see anything kicked up with this lube. I also inspected the front sprocket guard when I changed the sprocket and it was clean. I imagine it would work with white walls.
Great Black North likes this.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Black North View Post
Thread resurrection..

I have been thinking about you guys with the white walls, and was curious if any of you had tried a Teflon based spray coating to make the chain lube clean up any easier?

I'm not a chemist by any stretch, and I have no idea how some of these spray's would interact with the rubber, but it seems a pretreatment, and or treatment after a good cleaning, would make the next clean up that much easier?

I came across this stuff from DuPont and it seemed like it might be something to try. Says it leaves a white film, so I'm not sure how much of a pain it would be to apply, and maybe there is clear stuff that might work better.

Anyway, A random GBN thought of the day.

I like your thinking mate - perhaps even regular spray on tyre shine might prevent chain lube sticking to the white strip considering it seems similar to spray on cooking oil anyway? Worth a try when I get my Shinkos fitted! 👍🏼
Great Black North likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page