Low tire pressures? - Page 9 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 03:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Iím having my tires replaced before the summer season starts. Will be interesting to see the state of the inner tubes and Iíll be taking photos for reference.
I look forward to seeing those, I'm getting tired of airing these up. When I took it out first time this spring the tires were down to 13 psi in the front and 6! in the rear.... that doesn't strike me as "normal"

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!
post #82 of 86 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:55 AM

Garage
I set mine last weekend at stock pressures, (2.3 bar, 2.5bar) I always check before every ride, and today they were both 2.15...

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #83 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 01:14 AM

After reading this thread it dawned on me that I've been topping the air in my front tire way too often. All my other bikes are tubles, the HD sits in Florida for eleven months and loses very little air. So I called the dealer, the service manager suggested that I tighten the valve, which I already did a week prior to my conversation with the sm. He also suggested I do the soapy water test, which I did, no bubbles presented themselves. Next call he suggested I pump up the tire to 40 psi and check in a week. The Bobber wasn't ridden that week and when checked the reading was 35 psi, the ambient temp was about 5 degrees colder. I called the sm and told him my findings, he said he'll check with Triumph to see if they would cover a tube change. Two hours later he called to say that Triumph will pay for the tube and labor. He also told me that he's seen this issue on other Bobbers. I think after two plus years of selling Bobbers the manufacturer must be aware of this problem.
I believe that whether one gets a good outcome depends greatly on the dealer, mine has always been very responsive, to me that is more important than getting the cheapest price when purchasing a bike or car.

Chico
Great Black North and ysoslo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:55 PM

As a follow-up on this issue;
I was notified today that the front tire tube has arrived from Triumph who approved a replacement for my leaking inner tube. Not wanting a clumsy "mechanic" near my bike I removed the wheel myself and took it to the dealer. After about fifteen minutes the service manager brought the wheel with the new tube all ready for me to remount. He told me that there is supposed to be a nut on the inside of the rim as well as the one that's visible on the outside fastening the valve to the rim. the inside nut was missing resulting in the valve puling on the tube when the outer nut is tightened. since the tube was not removed since the rim was assembled at the factory this condition might explain why some of us have experienced the loss of air in the wheels. Go Triumph!

Chico
eisen77 and gfspencer like this.
post #85 of 86 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Interesting Chico, thanks.
I canít remember seeing a nut inside.
So itís doing to have to wait for the next tire change...
post #86 of 86 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM

Garage
Boy... I googled the subject and thereís lots of different opinions and facts?

Riding Free

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page