British Customs Sleeper Pro finish - Triumph Bobber Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
British Customs Sleeper Pro finish

I just picked up a 2018 Bobber a couple of days ago. While I think the stock exhaust sounds so-so and is an improvement over what stock bike exhausts used to sound like (pfff-pfff-pfff), I think I want a little more.

I first looked while at the dealer and saw the V&H but the price is a little more than I want to pay just for some extra sound plus I don't like the billet tips.

The BC Sleeper Pro pipes look nice and the price is better than the V&H. If anyone has them, how does the finish match the rest of the stock brushed SS exhaust? I understand they will give a deeper sound but do they also add sound volume?

I don't plan to remove the cat so would the BC Performance tips be obnoxious loud? I know it is subjective but I'm 62 years old now so I no longer am looking to scare children and little old ladies.

For reference, a couple of months ago I sold my 2014 Ducati Monster 1200S on which I had the Termignoni full race exhaust. LOUD but such pretty music at the same time (Ducs just have such a great sound). I don't really want the Bobber that loud.

So again, how does the finish on the BC mufflers match the stock head pipes and does the Sleeper Pro add some volume without being too much?
Greybeard and 1960Bobber like this.

2018 Triumph Bobber with Triumph brown quilted seat, BC Sleeper Pros, Booster Plug, leather fork bag
2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
2006 Harley Roadking
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
OK, I can understand why no one will answer the sound question. But, will someone tell me if the brushed finish of the British Customs slip on matches the brushed finish of the stock headpipes?

2018 Triumph Bobber with Triumph brown quilted seat, BC Sleeper Pros, Booster Plug, leather fork bag
2006 Harley Roadking
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 02:17 AM

these are available in EU standard and not approved. the line is beautiful.
the quality of the materials is superb & the price seems justified to me

the address is here.the site is German but the pages can be read in English

https://www.classicbike-raisch.de/en...r-bobber?c=176

and the sound, here:

765RS,Speed3R,ThruxtonR,T120,ThruxtonClassic,Thrux tonEFI,HDSlim,48,NightRoad,DynaGlide,Roadking,Héri tage,900CBR,1500F6C,1100ZRX,1200Bandit,1100Zéphir, 1000CBR,750SRAD,VMax,750&1000GSXR,750Stinger,FJ120 0,500XT,Ténéré,GS1000&750,GT750&380,RDX,K5..

Last edited by PFEN; 02-11-2018 at 02:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 02:38 AM

I received the BC Sleeper Pro slip ons but have yet to install them as my bike is in storage. IMO the brushed finish of the BC slip ons match the brushed finish of the stock headpipes. I can’t vouch for the sound but I had these slip ons on my T100 and really loved the sound. They were throaty and definitely louder than OEM but certainly not obnoxiously loud.
Bikerdib likes this.

2018 Triumph Bobber Black, 2018 Triumph Tiger XRt
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

Can´t comment on the BC´s, but i´m running the Zards and highly recommend them.
muensterDeath and Bikerdib like this.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 09:24 AM

Garage
Hi Bikerdib,

Check this video out, it should answer most of your questions about the British Customs Sleeper Pro

ysoslo and Bikerdib like this.

Last edited by Bobber-Bomb; 02-11-2018 at 09:33 AM.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys and especially MikeB for your direct comparison of the finish (and sound with your previous bike).

I ordered the Sleeper Pros from a site supporter, A&J Cycles. They actually had the best price I could find on the net and on top of that they gave an extra forum member discount. I also went ahead and got a Booster Plug. I have one on my BMW which has a Acrapovic slipon. Without the Booster Plug I get lots of decel popping but with it very little to no popping so it must be working.

I know it is a matter of opinion but I think the Sleeper Pros are the best looking mufflers for the Bobber, even better than the OEM.

2006 Harley Roadking
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerdib View Post
Thanks guys and especially MikeB for your direct comparison of the finish (and sound with your previous bike).

I ordered the Sleeper Pros from a site supporter, A&J Cycles. They actually had the best price I could find on the net and on top of that they gave an extra forum member discount. I also went ahead and got a Booster Plug. I have one on my BMW which has a Acrapovic slipon. Without the Booster Plug I get lots of decel popping but with it very little to no popping so it must be working.

I know it is a matter of opinion but I think the Sleeper Pros are the best looking mufflers for the Bobber, even better than the OEM.
The booster plug works well on the bobber and seriously cut down decel popping on my one.

I know it’s a bit off topic, but for linear throttle response and super smooth drive (low RPM) on your BMW, I highly recommend this:
Rapidbike Easy
It turned my LC GSA into the smoothest beemer I’ve ever owned.
If your only mod is a slip on Akra without headers, the “easy” will suffice.
Bikerdib likes this.

Last edited by eisen77; 02-11-2018 at 10:48 AM.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

I like the Zards' look and sound. I just hope I can fit them 'wrong way round' so I can have the logos facing inside the bike and not out. Or maybe they'll do them special order without the logo.

- P
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychopasta View Post
I like the Zards' look and sound. I just hope I can fit them 'wrong way round' so I can have the logos facing inside the bike and not out. Or maybe they'll do them special order without the logo.

- P
Hey Pasta.
You won´t be able to twist them around or install them the wrong way round due to the fixing points and way they are manufactured.
Your best bet would be to ask them to make you a non-branded pair, though I´m not sure how they will react to that request (worst case is a flat out refusal).
By the way, from all the slip ons i´ve owned, this bronze one is my favorite. It does not look as bad as you think (though i respect the fact that maybe you really can´t stand it at all).
Here are some pics:

Psychopasta likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page