BC exhausts - Triumph Bobber Forum
 73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

BC exhausts

So just chatted with BC, these are the two types of exhaust they came up with... sleepers and straight pipes. now the guy said the sleepers do have a baffle in them and it cant be removed. The straight pipes are - loud - so in an x-pipe option he said they would be very loud cause there are no baffles... no sound yet. so we'll see once they can get some sound out there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6016-2.JPG
Views:	995
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	5497   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6036.JPG
Views:	1022
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	5505  
post #2 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Patrick View Post
So just chatted with BC, these are the two types of exhaust they came up with... sleepers and straight pipes. now the guy said the sleepers do have a baffle in them and it cant be removed. The straight pipes are - loud - so in an x-pipe option he said they would be very loud cause there are no baffles... no sound yet. so we'll see once they can get some sound out there.
Thanks for the pics! I was curious to see how they looked. I'm sure the straight pipes will be very loud.
post #3 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 05:27 PM

Todd, thanks very much for the post buddy but you just cost me $390.00. I ordered the shotguns kind of against BC's advice because I already have their X-pipe. They recommended the Sleepers because they have baffling as you already stated. I ordered them expedited because I'm on the other side of the country and not big on patience. I delt with Matt and he seems like a great guy. Of course I will get back here with a report as soon as they arrive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 05:34 PM

So Todd where exactly are you located, you can probably here them in person when I get them. Where did you buy your bike?
post #5 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

bought it at Marks- so yep, you'll be the guinea pig on this BC exhaust. im gonna wait to see how they sound when you post a video. : I just got the high bar kit, so doing that this week.
BOBBYP and RXIMENEZ like this.
post #6 of 122 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 06:24 PM

Ok, So I got my BC Shotguns today, 1 1/2 days from California to CT., not bad, I did say I like these guys. BC warned us these would be loud with the X-pipe and they are LOUD! Using the Walk scale of a Harley with straight pipes being a 10 and a stock Bobber being a 5, X-Pipe 6 and X-pipe with gutted pipes a 7 these are a 9.5 or 10. They are Harley loud, obnoxiously F------ loud! I love it!

With the X-pipe and gutted stockers my bike used to burble and pop when you let off or down shift. Now they BURBLE and BACKFIRE!

The look is very old school, like old backyard builds. Younger people so far don't seem to like the look, you have to appreciate old school!

I tried to get a Vid but I couldn't produce anything like what they really sound like, then the sky got black and we are having severe thunderstorms, maybe I have angered the Heavens!

My bike draws crowds and inevitably someone says "fire it up dude".
I used to be embarrassed, not anymore!
post #7 of 122 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYP View Post
Ok, So I got my BC Shotguns today, 1 1/2 days from California to CT., not bad, I did say I like these guys. BC warned us these would be loud with the X-pipe and they are LOUD! Using the Walk scale of a Harley with straight pipes being a 10 and a stock Bobber being a 5, X-Pipe 6 and X-pipe with gutted pipes a 7 these are a 9.5 or 10. They are Harley loud, obnoxiously F------ loud! I love it!

With the X-pipe and gutted stockers my bike used to burble and pop when you let off or down shift. Now they BURBLE and BACKFIRE!

The look is very old school, like old backyard builds. Younger people so far don't seem to like the look, you have to appreciate old school!

I tried to get a Vid but I couldn't produce anything like what they really sound like, then the sky got black and we are having severe thunderstorms, maybe I have angered the Heavens!

My bike draws crowds and inevitably someone says "fire it up dude".
I used to be embarrassed, not anymore!

Pics please!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 122 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenLbk View Post
Pics please!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 1st pic in the first post is identical to mine pipewise! And if you read my post we are having level 5 and 6 Boomers right now. Pics will have to wait!
post #9 of 122 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 09:48 PM

Here some very crappy pics for you, couldn't move bike to a decant location due to storms!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p1.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	375.7 KB
ID:	5673   Click image for larger version

Name:	p2.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	5681   Click image for larger version

Name:	p3.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	5689   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	352.5 KB
ID:	5697  
Bonnie, Bobber-Bomb, Louie and 1 others like this.
post #10 of 122 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 10:28 AM

Is this a good thing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYP View Post

Isn't this a sign that the engine is not running at full efficiency? Yes, the sound is great, but....

As I understand it: "Burbleing and backfiring can be either rich or lean [air-to-fuel ratio]. Generally, when just the exhaust system is changed, for less back pressure, it creates a leaner condition, heating the internal parts of the exhaust system hotter than normal while accellerating. Anything that is combustable, entering the exhaust system during closed throttle decelleration, will ignite, that includes oil from the pvc system, and leaky valve seals, under the high vacuum conditions of closed throttle decelleration. The factory takes all of this into consideration, and balances tuning, via intake restriction, exhaust restriction, and computer tuning to eliminate this."
Oskar Hek likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page