Smaller, shorter exhaust - Triumph Bobber Forum
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By DrBobberNH
  • 1 Post By Savanapridi

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Question Smaller, shorter exhaust

I notice a lot of custom Bobbers have short, small diameter pipes. I like the look...and tried to mock up what the Triumph might look like with such an exhaust in Photoshop. What do you think? Has anyone done anything like this for our modern Bobber?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bobber.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	4985  
Zanetti, getor and 1960Bobber like this.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 01:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBobberNH View Post
I notice a lot of custom Bobbers have short, small diameter pipes. I like the look...and tried to mock up what the Triumph might look like with such an exhaust in Photoshop. What do you think? Has anyone done anything like this for our modern Bobber?
I like the look of shorter pipes. The overall length is fine but I think the proportion between the header and the exhaust should be different. The header is to long.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 01:42 PM

That doesn't look too bad at all. A shorter setup, to me at least, almost always looks pretty darn great and this time around, it works. Do you plan on getting something like this custom made?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

I don't have plans to have something made as yet. I'm hoping something will come out, but I did look at a couple of slip-on possibilities that could work... if you cut the existing pipe near the foot pegs. Not sure I want to risk that given that it might not look as 'pro' as I like... and a 12" exhaust might be a little too loud for me (and the cops).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 06:39 PM

I like it a lot. I've thought the exhaust could be shorter. That's one reason I haven't jumped off already and spent money on the V&H pipes through Triumph or any others I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 07:14 PM

I had the idea to put a "straight" pipe coming out of the cat. I think the cat should provide enough back pressure and I like the idea of polluting less anyway. i was going to wrap the whole exhaust to make it look like a single pipe coming off the engine. I think it should look really nice.
Skintrade01 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page