Zard - Triumph Bobber Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Zard

My ZARD exhausts arrived this morning
The mechanic already has them and the plan is to install them tomorrow.

On first impression they feel light yet substantially well crafted with a lovely brushed finish. Upon first glance they look quite short and feel relatively petite (probably 2 or even 3 inches shorter than the H&V slip ons) which i really like and believe will suit the Bobber.
Where lengthwise, the H&V slip ons finish more or less where the swing arm bag does, the Zards will just about reach the mid point of the swing arm bag. So aesthetically and physically the Zards are quite a bit shorter.

The dB noise killer came installed. Obviously those will be taken off tomorrow before install!! I forgot to take a photo, but it looks like a simple job to remove it.
The exhaust is not homologated, so it is totally see through with no obstructions (even with the dB lkiller IN PLACE). They should sound quite mean with such a massive opening and no restrictions

Here are some pics...

Zanetti, MikeMAC and MikenLbk like this.

Last edited by eisen77; 06-07-2017 at 07:13 AM.
post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing after installed and some sound vids.

The Zard logo is a bit large, but the color is cool and can blend with some of the brass tones on the bike.
eisen77 likes this.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muensterDeath View Post
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing after installed and some sound vids.

The Zard logo is a bit large, but the color is cool and can blend with some of the brass tones on the bike.
The brass/copper color logo is a really nice touch.
Usually i would prefer no branding, but in this case their logo looks really nice. Dare i say i prefer the slip ons WITH the Zard symbol

Should fit nicely with the gold color headers & brown swing arm bag.

Will post a vid as soon as i can !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 03:54 PM

Now that looks like some quality pieces and just from my imagination running wild, they'll look great on your Bobber. Sound clips are definitely going to be needed after the install as well as if you could possibly weigh out the system you have currently and this new one from Zard. It would be interesting to see the weight differences.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lure View Post
Now that looks like some quality pieces and just from my imagination running wild, they'll look great on your Bobber. Sound clips are definitely going to be needed after the install as well as if you could possibly weigh out the system you have currently and this new one from Zard. It would be interesting to see the weight differences.
Thanks.
I´m not sure i will have any scales to properly weigh the system tomorrow, but i´ll ask the mechanic to give me his best guesstimate.
But i can tell you that when holding the Zards, they really feel light and compact.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Zard should translate to LOUD in some foreign language!!!!! These non homologated system is not for the shy or those wanting to blend in to the crowd.
The sound from my iphone DOES NOT do it justice. It takes away 40% or even 50% of the deep bass this thing makes.

I would say that the Zards are half the weight of the EU V&H slip ons (maybe even lighter than that!!).
Long story short, the Zards without dB killers are mad. And i really like it
Install was easy. Literally 10 mins. As you can see from pic 4, i removed the ring that hides the joints on thr exhaust. No particular reason, i just like the look of it better that way.

The bike runs smoooooth and it IS noticable from the V&H. Just seems to breathe easier and feels much better throughout the rev range. Of course this may be cause of the angry noise factor as well, but when riding with ear buds the seat of my pants told feeling was different and definitely felt smoother/more powerful.

Excuse the sound on the vid, but i am nowhere near as good as you guys at sound/video making. But in reality the sound is much more aggressive and bombastic.
The system does pop and crackle under hard deceleration. I also did not rev too hard while filming as that would completely distort any sound.

Overall, i´m really pleased with the ´garage´look and sound of the Zards. The noise they produce certainly won´t be to everyones taste (as it cracks like a whip once you open the throttle instead of making a soothing thrum like the V&H slipons). But for those out there who like a loony, free flowing system, the Zards will tick the box!

Zanetti, Bonnie, Rocky and 2 others like this.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Do oyu have an x-pipe installed as well?
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
[/QUOTE]

I dig the look and the sound for sure. It also compliments the side bag too.

If you have time, may be good to do a vid with the DB killers in there for a comparison from your point of view (hearing) and let others see what they do. Maybe it will have the rumble without the bark.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Patrick View Post
Do oyu have an x-pipe installed as well?
Yes, I have a FreeSpirits XPipe installed.
Forgot to mention that!
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
I dig the look and the sound for sure. It also compliments the side bag too.

If you have time, may be good to do a vid with the DB killers in there for a comparison from your point of view (hearing) and let others see what they do. Maybe it will have the rumble without the bark.
I left the dB killers at the mechanics.
Maybe next time I'm there I'll do a comparison check.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page