X-Pipe Dyno - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kidwalk

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Wink X-Pipe Dyno

Hey Guys,

If you’re looking for some dyno information on fitting an x-pipe check out this link to our Australian cousins. Cat removal (X-pipe) - Dyno tests, A/F ratios, performance - Definitive test results - Page 3 - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

OK it’s for a Thruxton R but it can’t be that different can it?

Also if you’re thinking of getting an X-pipe have a look at TEC.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:11 AM

That looks promising, 7% increase on torque, but the bobber's engine is tuned differently..
but mine is comming next week with the x-pipes in place :-)
Old 05-20-2017, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That’s great, let us know how it goes.

I think what’s interesting on these bikes is that a slip-on exhaust by itself is a waist of time as it’s all about the cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2017, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber-Bomb View Post
That?s great, let us know how it goes.

I think what?s interesting on these bikes is that a slip-on exhaust by itself is a waist of time as it?s all about the cat.

Not sure I agree. Yes, Xpipe def makes a difference but we have only seen VH, and stock gutted pipes. Zard has pipes but have yet to see anyone with them, other than the two videos discussed in the forum. I would think (hope) that some other brands will produce something that they alone are a benefit.

Course, VH is huge in the industry, if they couldn't achieve more then maybe you are right....
Old 05-20-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
That?s great, let us know how it goes.

I think what?s interesting on these bikes is that a slip-on exhaust by itself is a waist of time as it?s all about the cat.
Pull your stock cans off and start the bike. I think you'll change opinion instantly. Many who decatted said the note is significanty deeper and only slightly louder, that's has been my experience with bikes and cars.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:01 AM

I do not think VH tried to be Harley loud. It would not sell sell in the Triumph marketed.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:27 PM

Garage
I agree with that for sure Bobby. It's not that they can't, they just chose not to. I personally like a louder bike but I think the sound fits the bike well with the V & H US model.

Walk
Rocky likes this.

Stand Out or Stand Down
Old 05-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidwalk View Post
I agree with that for sure Bobby. It's not that they can't, they just chose not to. I personally like a louder bike but I think the sound fits the bike well with the V & H US model.

Walk
Soooo....you are happy with the VH and don't plan on chaninging to something potentially louder? (So many posts about exhaust, do you or do you not have Xpipe, Walk?)

From what I have heard (online vids) and read, VH are deeper, but not really worth the coin.

I'm running stock, and haven't heard anything other than that in person so I can't judge.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
That’s great, let us know how it goes.

I think what’s interesting on these bikes is that a slip-on exhaust by itself is a waist of time as it’s all about the cat.
I am one of the ones who gutted the stock cans, but not really! It looks to be a 2 chamber design and all I did was remove the end cap and vortex tube as did the other member who posted pics of his can! I was afraid of it getting "tinny" which happens if you gut too much, I've done a few in my time! So I removed 1 of 2 chambers, the bike is twice as loud without the gutted can which is why I went on record in my previous posts as saying that there still is hope for slipons. I have contacted several sellers of the x-pipes and they confirm significantly deeper and only slightly louder! I am not saying the x-pipes aren't worth it in the grand scheme of things! I even ordered one from British Customs, the guy said do not expect much louder just different!
Old 05-20-2017, 10:42 PM

This is what I call loud!