Torque Settings - Triumph Bobber Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By ysoslo
  • 1 Post By MVXIMUS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Torque Settings

Does anyone have the torque settings for the exhaust, cat down to the silencer bracket bolts please. 19Nm for the header into the head according to an earlier post. 👍
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Looked through Haynes manual, and unless I missed them, didn't see any specs beyond the headers.

Hand tight and then a pinch more is all I did on mine for xpipe, and exhaust clamps and then a bit tighter for silencer bracket bolts.

I did them before I had the manual and once did double checked the headers nuts, no problems for almost 2 years.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Cheers muenster 👍
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 01:09 AM

I just installed the British Customs Turn Out exhaust so I had to remove the right-hand header pipe flange nuts. When re-tightening the flange nuts to 19Nm I also checked the left-hand header pipe and noticed that they were not anywhere close to 19Nm. I purchased the bike secondhand with less than 500 miles, fully stock and have no other reason to think the previous owner messed with the flange nuts. Anyone ever notice nuts/bolts not tightened to spec from the factory?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 02:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVXIMUS View Post
I just installed the British Customs Turn Out exhaust so I had to remove the right-hand header pipe flange nuts. When re-tightening the flange nuts to 19Nm I also checked the left-hand header pipe and noticed that they were not anywhere close to 19Nm. I purchased the bike secondhand with less than 500 miles, fully stock and have no other reason to think the previous owner messed with the flange nuts. Anyone ever notice nuts/bolts not tightened to spec from the factory?
Two of my flange nuts were very loose when I swapped out the fins on my exhaust, so it's definitely something to keep an eye on.
MVXIMUS likes this.

Each one matters.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:58 PM

Though I didnít see any of the torque settings you requested in the Haynes manual either, I did find them in the British Customs exhaust installation guide after I had already installed it. ugh. Posted the link below, but itís also on the product pages at britishcustoms.com

https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/0...bbfe17ce25b383

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eisen77 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page