Exhaust gasket size - Triumph Bobber Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By trirocket3
  • 1 Post By beatle

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Exhaust gasket size

I'm swapping on a pair of Trident exhausts and I noticed they do not come with new gaskets. I thought that might be the case, so I checked with my dealer about replacements. They can order them obviously, but I'd like to get a set sooner rather than later. The exterior diameter of the pipe is 1 5/16". The factory part is PFKL2637170 but there are no specs for it. Anyone have any luck with a generic exhaust gasket donut? If so, what did you use?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:00 AM

Garage
I'm on my 4th set of pipes (and have swapped back and forth a few times) on my bike not to mention an x-pipe on and off twice, and have never changed the seals/gaskets? unless you damage them you shouldn't need to change them..

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Black North View Post
I'm on my 4th set of pipes (and have swapped back and forth a few times) on my bike not to mention an x-pipe on and off twice, and have never changed the seals/gaskets? unless you damage them you shouldn't need to change them..
Not so! The header gaskets are made of soft materials so that the mating parts will seal and prevent air leaks. I can't imagine that different pipe flanges will have the same shape/surface and therefore a new set is recommended.

Chico
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
Not so! The header gaskets are made of soft materials so that the mating parts will seal and prevent air leaks. I can't imagine that different pipe flanges will have the same shape/surface and therefore a new set is recommended. Chico
Recommended yes but not always necessary, if I did not have new gaskets handy I would not hesitate to reuse the old ones rarely had problems.
Forjox likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

I ordered a set from British Customs (along with a bunch of other stuff) yesterday. When they come in I'll do some measurements and see if I can source something familiar from a muffler shop for when I swap back (or if someone else wants the specs).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:19 AM

Garage
Well done, beatle. Please pass along your findings with regard to measurements and fitment of non-OEM gaskets.

Each one matters.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

My gaskets arrived. They're just the factory gaskets (part T2201094). Apparently BC keeps a stock on hand, probably for you to buy alongside their exhausts (or maybe they include them for free). Anyway, here are the specs:

1 in (25mm) long
1 17/32 in (39mm) outer diameter
1 1/4 (32mm) inner diameter

Guessing they are nominally 1/4" thick. The BC price is pretty fair.
ysoslo likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page