Delklevic - Triumph Bobber Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Delklevic

I also stumbled onto this

I checked them out and kind of like the upswept look on a particular style, it appears they have a few offerings for the bobber.

Whatís interesting is that the system completely bypasses the cat, i like that idea.

Iíve used this company once before on a track only bike, and never had any issues whatsoever, so might be another option for the masses.
post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 07:56 PM

Good find Triumphrider...
Im with you on this set up.
Slash cuts are right down my alley.
For 415$ I can afford to have them ceramic coated black!
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 04:30 AM

Garage
Looks a good option, great price and has all the bits needed to fit inc gaskets! Why do others not do this?
And saves us the cost of the decat, I am sure there will be several of these fitted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 07:29 AM

Iíve got a Delklevic on my Honda CB750. For the price the fit and finish is very good and they include all the hardware.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 08:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphrider View Post

I checked them out and kind of like the upswept look on a particular style, it appears they have a few offerings for the bobber. Whatís interesting is that the system completely bypasses the cat, i like that idea. Iíve used this company once before on a track only bike, and never had any issues whatsoever, so might be another option for the masses.
Wow, a full system with removable baffles for half the price of V&H slip-ons from a UK company - this looks too good to be true!!!

I was always led to believe that straight pipes on the Bobber would never work. That if you got rid of the CAT you had to put an X-pipe in or your mid-range would disappear? But fair play to Delkevic they give you both dyno and noise figures, why don't all aftermarket exhaust firms do that???
However reviews of their exhausts online appear to be varied, everyone likes the noise and thinks they're great value for money but some say the finish isn't great. So I'm really hoping one of our members buys a set and then we'll know for sure.
ysoslo likes this.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:15 AM

Is there any concern that the two bolted mount points (based on pics) at the exhaust and cylinder aren’t enough? With a cat to x-pipe, the exhaust system is pretty securely attached to the bike.
MX429 likes this.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 07:12 PM
WCE

So with this exhaust system you don't use the cat or (if you have one) x-pipe?
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 10:02 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCE View Post
So with this exhaust system you don't use the cat or (if you have one) x-pipe?
Correct
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 03:07 AM
WCE

I contacted the supplier here in Australia and i'm not overly assured enough to go ahead and buy one yet.

The reply was that as they're fresh in he hasn't sold any, i quote "with baffles in usually gives enough back pressure to keep top end and mid range but you will gain a little more down low" the use of the word usually doesn't fill me with confidence nor does gain a little more down low as this isn't backed up by anything.

I was really looking for reassurance that as the cat or x-pipe is deleted that the motor would run okay more than any power improvement as i like the look of there pipe's but i'll hold off for now.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 05:40 AM
Vendor

Bike will run fine without an x-pipe, we have a few Thruxton R’s running arrow headers and bikes run great.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page