7Likes
  • 6 Post By muensterDeath
  • 1 Post By muensterDeath

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Gasser...installed

1st - big thanks to Eisen for hosting the videos.

2nd - videos are not great visual quality but if listened to through proper speakers or headphones they sound pretty good. The iPhone picks up a lot of sound (which is good and bad), for instance, in one video take from the top of the hill, you can hear the kickstand kicked after I pull in, so if it sounds very loud, it is actually not, infact....)

The install was straight forward, and I did refer to Adam's video a couple times just to be sure, and to see what is supposed to be done with the kickstand rubber stop.

The only issue encountered, once everything was installed, was the arm on the kick stand hits the actual exhaust. The solution I used (my father engineered it was to take the rubber stop off stock exhaust, cut the nipple off the back, then using a longer bolt, run it through the rubber stop and into the kickstand and connect to the arm. The rubber stop hits the frame and gives the arm about a quarter inch or more of space between it and the exhaust. The bolt does NOT hit the frame, as the frame is hitting the edge of the rubber stop. See pics on this...

So my opinion of the sound? Fantastic! Deep, and it really, really gives you a solid parallel twin double thump. IE - sounds like a thumper, but doubled up. Others call it "lumpy", but in a good way.

I do have an Xpipe, and I find the decibels to be between that of BC Shotguns or the Slashcuts WITH Cat and WITHOUT Cat. So decently loud, but not ear busting like BC

Vids include Stock sound, 1st startup after install. Drive up the drive, couple drive bys and pulling into the drive. Note, on the left to right drive by, I did drop a gear at high RPMs in the distance to here the deceleration. Def some popping.

Would I recommend Gasser for a solid solid sound and well made product yes. Yes, agreed the fit and finish on the cone weld could be better, but that's how they make them so it is what it is.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stand1.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	18697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stand2.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	18705  
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome!
So glad you´re happy with them - and they sound + look great.

Thanks for taking the time to make & post the vids. I´m sure the info will be invaluable to helping other members and Bobber owners decide which way to go when it comes to Xpipe/exhaust decision time.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 03:36 PM

awesome videos! your iphone definitely picks up the sound pretty well. i took/posted a video of the before and after of my gassers but the sound quality with my htc phone wasn't that great. (some folks commented on my youtube site that the gassers sounded like sh**. wish they would have been able to hear your videos, as i'm sure they would have thought otherwise. also great job with the drive-bys too! glad you like them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdannygunz View Post
awesome videos! your iphone definitely picks up the sound pretty well. i took/posted a video of the before and after of my gassers but the sound quality with my htc phone wasn't that great. (some folks commented on my youtube site that the gassers sounded like sh**. wish they would have been able to hear your videos, as i'm sure they would have thought otherwise. also great job with the drive-bys too! glad you like them!
Thanks, djdanny! I watched your video many many times during my decision process and obviously didn't think it sounds like s#@t. I saw that comment on your youtube post and thought, that dude has no idea.

Your video was a great help!
djdannygunz likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 11:40 PM

Ya I have been battling which ones to get...this helps!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 12:12 AM

I have the gasser's with it decated. My buddies don't like to ride behind me anymore.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkybobber View Post
I have the gasser's with it decated. My buddies don't like to ride behind me anymore.
Seriously? Haha.

Do you have the Booster Plug? If so, did it kill the pops/crackles on the deceleration? I have found it doesn't for me thus far.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 05:59 PM

I ended up picking up a PCV for the bike with a preloaded tune. Double the price of the booster plug, but noticeable butt dyne results. I have about 20mile on it since the install. Theres still a little popping on deceleration. Not as much as before, but I still need to put some more miles on it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 11:09 PM

great video....really helps!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page