• 5 Post By codykday
  • 1 Post By Mike J Commo
  • 3 Post By codykday
  • 1 Post By codykday
  • 1 Post By Bobber-Bomb

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Take Off Video ~ Stock vs BC Turn Outs

Had a chance to install my British Customs Turn Outs this morning. I kept the CAT in place. Here's a little take off vid for you to compare exhaust notes. These were both just normal take offs; no hard or high revs...

2017 Bonneville Bobber
2017 Indian Chief Classic
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 04:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by codykday View Post
Had a chance to install my British Customs Turn Outs this morning. I kept the CAT in place. Here's a little take off vid for you to compare exhaust notes. These were both just normal take offs; no hard or high revs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWhSGE3OG28
Thatís a nice and subtle improvement over the stock sound.
codykday likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
Thatís a nice and subtle improvement over the stock sound.
I really enjoyed the stock exhaust note, but it was just SOOO quiet. Couldn't hear the bike on the highway. Wanted a little more noise. Also installed a BoosterPlug. I like it so far. Much smoother at takeoff & at low speeds.
eisen77, ysoslo and Mike J Commo like this.

2017 Bonneville Bobber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 05:21 AM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWhSGE3OG28

Hi!, Have you had to reprogram the ECU? ... or have you only replaced the exhausts?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 06:17 AM

Garage
Quote:
I really enjoyed the stock exhaust note, but it was just SOOO quiet. Couldn't hear the bike on the highway. Wanted a little more noise. Also installed a BoosterPlug. I like it so far. Much smoother at takeoff & at low speeds.
Thanks for posting the video your new BC pipes look and sound great

You say youíve also added a BoosterPlug, was this just to improve the snatchiness you often get on the stock bike at low rpm in low gears around town or was it because the open BC pipes made the fuelling worse?

What I really want to know - if I fit the BC pipes do I really need to fit a BoosterPlug too?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by didakpc View Post
Hi!, Have you had to reprogram the ECU? ... or have you only replaced the exhausts?
I have not flashed or reprogramed the ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber-Bomb View Post
Thanks for posting the video your new BC pipes look and sound great

You say youíve also added a BoosterPlug, was this just to improve the snatchiness you often get on the stock bike at low rpm in low gears around town or was it because the open BC pipes made the fuelling worse?

What I really want to know - if I fit the BC pipes do I really need to fit a BoosterPlug too?
Thanks man. I fitted the booster plug to aid throttle smoothness at low speeds mostly, but I knew it may improve performance with the installation of the BC's as well. That being said, I installed the BoosterPlug the day before I put the pipes on, so I'm unable to give you an reference to performance on the BC's w/o the booster plug.
didakpc likes this.

2017 Bonneville Bobber
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 01:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks man. I fitted the booster plug to aid throttle smoothness at low speeds mostly, but I knew it may improve performance with the installation of the BC's as well. That being said, I installed the BoosterPlug the day before I put the pipes on, so I'm unable to give you an reference to performance on the BC's w/o the booster plug.
Cool, Iím glad itís running well.

The low speed throttle of the stock Bobber doesnít bother me as I find it only an issue in traffic and I donít do much of that and from everything Iíve seen or read online the Bobberís ECU seems to be able to easily cope with freer breathing BC pipes so hopefully I wonít need to fit a BoosterPlug. But Iíll let you know once I get the pipes fitted.
codykday likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page