Goggles or no goggles - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By DevilDog

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Goggles or no goggles

Hi all just after your thoughts
I have a ls2 OF583 open face lid and wondering do I go with retro goggles or shades ??
I have heard that retro goggles don't sit on your face ??
Could you wear them under your helmet does anyone do that ??
I've always had full face lids so have no experience with open face and goggles but I want to go more for the classic look.
Any info greatfully appreciated

Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the restraints !!!!
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 06:07 PM

I tried 3 pairs of goggles with my Bell custom 500 RSD.
These were the best by miles AVIATOR PILOT GOGGLES - T1 BLACK / GUNMETAL FRAME - Urban Rider London

I've got the Davida shades too but at speed my eyes water and the goggles are way better.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 07:30 PM

Goggles vs. shades are such a subjective thing, balancing aesthetics vs. function. Best advise, due to the variances in helmet openings and size of the goggles, whether you wear regular glasses or not, is to experiment until you find the right mix that functions while appealing to what you consider looks good.

I've acquired a collection of goggles while trying to determine what works and what looks decent to me.

I've about given up on goggles, though. It's been my experience that shades (with the foam behind them) function better due to the convenience of just slipping them on with the strap safety in the back (whether 1/2 helmet or full faced), but I really like the look of goggles. Wearing prescription glasses, googles that account for glasses are nice when the seal is secure. I've found with some goggles, you need to put them on first, then the helmet (which can be a pain) since if they're placed with the strap on the outer shell of the helmet, the goggles just don't seal.
Mike the Bike likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 09:18 AM

search for CRG goggles on ebay...I've bought a few pair that cost be no more than $8 shipped!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your info so far guys I still like the look of the split glass type goggles which my father had back in the day .
But looking at all the options and prices out there I think a few purchased might be in the cards !!
Heck I might even modify the split lense type so they do actually touch my face either will thicker foam or bringing the elastic strap forward !!??!! .

Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the restraints !!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page