Absolute Apology to all....... - Triumph Bobber Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Absolute Apology to all.......

....who have posted attaining some stupid mileage out of a tank of fuel, my constant commute mileage sitting between 75 and 85 miles to a tank has by mine own eyes been probed to be beatable.

I managed 147 miles on a total pf 9.5L of fillups whilst on steady sedate group riding on BH Monday.

I was in total shock and disbelief that the wee bobber even with a 1 less tooth front sprocket managed this, jaw dropping mental mileage (but i'll not be riding like that very much lol)

So sorry to all those I may have poked a stick at regards 3 figure mileage tanks on the bobber over the past couple of years.

Colin
Bobber-Bomb, Roy and Freddy like this.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:53 PM
Roy

Garage
Hi Colin,

Last summer when I was running my stock Bobber tank (and before swapping it for a Speemaster tank). I pushed my bike to exactly 150 (my nerves couldn't stand any more). Mind you the gas station was a mile from the house so I was somewhat confident. I think I recall I had 4 or 5 miles left on the display.

Although I had to ride it 'very' cautiously to get that but it was fun to try.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 02:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethariel View Post
....who have posted attaining some stupid mileage out of a tank of fuel, my constant commute mileage sitting between 75 and 85 miles to a tank has by mine own eyes been probed to be beatable.

I managed 147 miles on a total pf 9.5L of fillups whilst on steady sedate group riding on BH Monday.

I was in total shock and disbelief that the wee bobber even with a 1 less tooth front sprocket managed this, jaw dropping mental mileage (but i'll not be riding like that very much lol)

So sorry to all those I may have poked a stick at regards 3 figure mileage tanks on the bobber over the past couple of years.

Colin

Hello mate..I canít believe youíve been filling up each and every time you get to 75-80 miles. I only think about fuel at the 110 mile mark and my record to date is 142 miles on a tank.

But youíve beaten me 5 miles now so feel a 150 mile challenge coming on!
Roy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 05:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
Hello mate..I canít believe youíve been filling up each and every time you get to 75-80 miles. I only think about fuel at the 110 mile mark and my record to date is 142 miles on a tank.

But youíve beaten me 5 miles now so feel a 150 mile challenge coming on!
I love the idea, 150 miles but what mods do you have ?

Decat
X pipe
Booster plug
Exhaust ?

a juicy red apple is nice... but not every apple is red
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 07:05 PM

I haven't been past 112 miles on a tank. Glad to know I have room for more in a pinch.

I've spent my fortune on wine, women, and motorcycles. The rest I wasted on everything else.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:49 PM

120 constantly on mine, if I keep it under 90mph I can get 130. I can’t drive 55 lol . Personal best was 140. have the speedmaster tank. BC shotgun exhaust and dart flyscreen.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 06:10 AM

Best yet.. 1 mile left on the display, but almost half a litre left in the tank if the 9.1ltr capacity is correct

Bobber-Bomb likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:43 AM

My butt and my bladder give out before my fuel light comes on so I stop. I might as well fill up while I'm stopped.

In the "old days" I could ride my BMW R1200GS all day long without stopping for anything.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:54 AM

I'm always refilling at 80-85 miles, when my gauge says just a few miles left. I am sure there are a it more than a few, but not that many. Mostly city riding for me.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:50 AM

Garage
Mostly around town for me although on longer day rides there are usually gas stops somewhere nearby. I usually use 100-110 miles as a guide, to keep my range anxiety in check but, have done about 130 mi. (As I was having trouble finding close by gas, the range anxiety meter on that ride was getting in the red zone). 🥵

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page