Big brother is listening - Triumph Bobber Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Big brother is listening

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-485649...STKgGHvju5cJZ0
Seems they are going to monitor noise levels and fine those over a certain limit, the limit has yet to be decided on. All those noisy exhausts will have to be changed to please the noise police, big brother is listening now as well as watching.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 05:36 PM

Wow. Just chipping away at individualism aren’t they?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 05:47 PM

Garage
Well that;s going to take some leap in technology to pin it down to a specific vehicle and even then I don;t see how they can prove it's over a limit, even with speed camera's you must have the little white lines visible so a manual check of the distance travelled can be carried out if you dispute the calibration of the cameras, with sound, that's not going to work (plus pull in the clutch as you go by.....)

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:04 AM

Another reason why I am glad to live in the great state of Texas where we run straight pipes and red light cameras were just outlawed by the state.
Louie likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

I don't know how it's going to work either but this country is getting worse by the minute. Makes me wish I was in Texas aswell I wonder if Dorothy's Ruby Red slippers still work. If I were younger I and a bit braver I'd get out of England right now. When we all are forced into electric vehicles it won't matter anymore the choice of high pitch wine will all that will be left.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:14 AM

Garage
They are planning to install them in town and city and village locations and from what I can gather will only be triggered if giving it a handful... which to be fair I personally donít unless Iím in more rural areas.

Still, as mentioned Iím not sure how they will pin point a specific bike when riding in a group of bikes!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
They are planning to install them in town and city and village locations and from what I can gather will only be triggered if giving it a handful... which to be fair I personally donít unless Iím in more rural areas.

Still, as mentioned Iím not sure how they will pin point a specific bike when riding in a group of bikes!
Would be a neat solution to that here in Spain; they would quite simply fine the entire group unless the guilty party presented him/her self.
And there is NO arguing with Spanish bureaucracy
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 08:07 AM
GPz

Wow, I'm really surprised there's not more outrage about how they're gradually putting the boot down on you guys over there. Women generally put up with anything but the silence of men in the UK is particularly amazing and disappointing. Imagine what it's going to be like for your grandchildren.

Come the the USA! We will welcome you with open arms.

-GPz/Gary
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 11:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Harknett View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-485649...STKgGHvju5cJZ0
Seems they are going to monitor noise levels and fine those over a certain limit, the limit has yet to be decided on. All those noisy exhausts will have to be changed to please the noise police, big brother is listening now as well as watching.
It's FAKE NEWS ignore it!!!

It's a bit like the Amazon drone delivery story...20-30mins flying time max, covering a few mile if you're lucky, with a tiny payload, no flying in the rain, no flying when it's windy, what about pets, wildlife?

You've more chance of seeing driverless trucks on the road before you see delivery drones!
eisen77 and Psychopasta like this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

I think your opinion on loud pipes varies strongly with your position. If you're on the bike it sounds glorious, if you're on the street it sounds hideous. Whose rights should you defend?

I was on a long bicycle ride yesterday and the noise of many cars, trucks and, yes, bikes was deafening.

When you're riding a bike with loud pipes you leave most of the noise behind, and even then riders choose to wear earplugs...not an option for someone on a bicycle, sitting at a roadside cafe, or relaxing in their gardens.

Just pointing out the other side of the story. Full disclosure: my Bobber has Zards with the dB killers IN

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page