Therapy - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Therapy

So, Once a year on May 3, the anniversary of this event, for the last 2 years running anyway, I have done this. I find it cathartic in some ways. Sharing something of this nature is a personal choice, but it can help to know that others have dealt with the mental aftermath of experiencing things of this nature. I know some of those on here have also had experiences maybe not exactly like this, but experiences that stay with you for life.

I will tell you that this was one of the most surreal things that has ever happened to me, and also the most incredible example of human compassion I have ever experienced. It helped to restore my faith in our species in many ways.

I ask that you refrain from sympathetic sentiments as its not why I do it, it is to remind myself and those around me of the strength and compassion that the human race can muster, when we as a whole, need it most. And I do it as a tribute to all those who stayed and did what they could to preserve what was left behind.

The photo collage was put together by a radio personality that lived here, and was asked to report on what was happening during our evacuation. This is just a small sample of the images and video that came from this event.

May 3 2016

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:45 AM

Garage
Were you one of the firefighters, or one of those displaced by this unbelievably huge fire?

Each one matters.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
Were you one of the firefighters, or one of those displaced by this unbelievably huge fire?
Displaced.

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page