Bad News But With A Silver Lining - Triumph Bobber Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Thumbs down Bad News But With A Silver Lining

As most of you know my wife and I moved from New Mexico to the mountains of Colorado last November to caretake a property here and my Bobber has been snowed in ever since.

I'm sad to say that our property owners have turned out to be 'less' than honest or honorable and it looks like we will be leaving very soon. My wife and I have poured our heart and soul into this opportunity but it saddens me that some folks are just plain crazy.

I won't bore all of you with the details but the upshot is we will likely be heading to stay with family in Arizona for the time being.

The silver lining? Well sunny days and dry roads..

What lies ahead may be unknown and likely less that idilic and with no small amount of stress but at least in the near future I get to ride my bike, so looking forward to that.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that Roy. Chin up.
Roy likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:23 PM

Garage
If you manage to attract even half of the positivity you spread around here Roy, I’m pretty sure you’ll be just fine!

All the best 👍
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:38 PM
Koz

Luck to you in Arizona........

For me --- too much snow in Colorado anyway......

koz
Roy likes this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:46 PM

Garage
I'm sorry to hear things have taken a turn for the worse, Roy. Safe travels and I'll await all of the pics your sure to post from the sunnier vistas in Arizona.
Roy likes this.

Each one matters.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Thank you so much Gents,

I really appreciated your support through this unexpected challenging time.

My wife and I were only discussing the other day how 'social media' when used responsibly and thoughtfully can have a positive affect our our society.

I'm somewhat of a Luddite having never had an i-phone or been on Facebook etc (my wife is on the later), so I'm a sceptic by nature with all this stuff. However our wonderful biking community here is first rate example of how like minded folks from all over the world can encourage, support and share our passions, even through difficult times.

Thank you all.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 01:31 AM

Garage
Roy that sucks! I'm sorry to here this!

I agree with Mike though!

Despite how much this may suck right now, This must be something that needs to happen, and, it will probably end up being for the best in the long run.
Roy likes this.

My Bike's Photographic History to Date
Yes I'm Proud of My Bike! Deal!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Really sorry to hear that, Roy.
Very sad (and frustrating) when people of questionable character take advantage of good, honest people such as yourself.

I´m glad to see how you´ve taken the positive out of the situation and look forward to many sunny stories and ride pics from here on out!
Best of luck with whatever comes next...
Roy likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 03:58 AM

Location: I currently live in Chiang Mai Thailand, from Southern California, Costa Mesa
Garage
I just hate to hear about good people being taken advantage of, but as the old saying goes "what goes around comes around" and karma can be a bugger! Wishing you well Roy!
Roy likes this.

AKA Slomo Schmecklebaum
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 04:38 AM

Garage
May those people be snowed in for the rest of their lives! So sorry this life interim didn’t work out the way you planned, Roy. But, I’m guessing good riding ahead is not the only silver lining to this story. The others just haven’t been revealed yet. Keep a positive attitude, gratefulness for what you do have, go with the flow and you’ll be looking back in on this as just another of life’s adventures. All the best! 👍👌
Roy likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page