• 1 Post By eisen77
  • 1 Post By Mike J Commo
  • 1 Post By Mike J Commo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Shoei Neotec 2

Does anyone here own a Shoei Neotec 2 ?

I’m going to retire my Schuberth C4 and am thinking of moving to a Shoei.
I’ve owned a Neotec (gen.1) back in 2012 and i remember it’s great quality and robust feel.
The C4 Pro has recently been released but the color scheme i like won’t be available for at least 3 months.

Obviously there is no stock of either of those two new models here in Mallorca , so I can’t see/try them.
As such, i was wondering if anyone on this forum has first hand experience with one or the other?
Color-wise, I like the Excursion TC3 on the Shoei and Tempest Carbon yellow/black on the Schuberth.

Online there are no direct comparisons between the C4 Pro and Neotec 2. But solo reviews point towards the Shoei being superior in almost every respect.
The gen.1 C4 has had its issues and I feel slightly let down by Schuberth for niggling QC issues with the helmet itself and built in comms. Nothing major but enough to make me look at other brands, such as Shoei and AGV (modular helmets).
I did see the AGV, but was put off by the (big) shell size for my size S head and lack of integrated comms option. I also wasn’t crazy about the available color schemes.

Thanks and I appreciate any input that can help me make a decision.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 12:05 PM

Garage
I have a huge noggin, and bought a new Neotec 2 with Sena SRL (as a helmet is safety kit, if you buy the helmet and comms at the same time you save the VAT on the comms). I had a C3 previously, and the largest C4 was very uncomfortable, whereas the Shoei needed no "wearing in" superbly comfortable for me... Until the C3 I'd been a Shoei shaped head until 2007, and then the shape was changed, but it's now back to it's normal shape. Great lid. Visor stays up well for hot weather (unlike the C3) Not very noisy (to my deaf ears anyway!)Ö Having had the shape change sprung by Schuberth I'd never buy a helmet without trying it.

Mike Como also has a Neotec 2 as I recall
eisen77 likes this.

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I also have the C3 & Pro versions and the Pro was a definite step up from the basic. So i am assuming Schuberth corrected alot of the C4īs negative points on their Pro version.
The C3 Pro was and still is a better fit for me than the C4 and the C3 Pro also feels like it was made ®better®with more attention to detail and higher levels of QC.
But i really like the C4īs wide and deep visor. It provides a much better field of vision, in my opinion.

I guess its going to be a case of ordering the Neotec 2 from FCMOTO and in the worst case, i can return it and wait for the C4 Pro in the color scheme i like.
But like many, you have confirmed that the fit of the Shoei is superior & comfortable in the first instance...so no break in period is necessary.

Thanks for your input, Guzzilazz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 06:16 PM

Garage
I have one as my work helmet, managing to get one of the first in the UK a few months ago. Also have the original Neotec. I have a large head (62cm!) and found that they're are much better fit than the BMW System helmets we used to get, which are basically Schuberth lids. Super comfy, fairly quiet and the fact that you can fit the Bluetooth kit without having to really strip the helmet is a bonus (it comes with blanking plates that hide the compartment for the battery, headset etc). In addition, it is approved as both a full face and an open faced helmet, unlike the old one which although you can ride around with the chin up, isn't approved to do so.
eisen77 likes this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 10:29 PM

Garage
Appreciate not the same models as you are looking at but I have the Shoei J-Cruise with Sena Comms.
Just a shout out for Shoei really. Very very comfortable helmet and absolutely no complaints. I rate Shoei!!
eisen77 likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thank you both for your responses.

I’ve just ordered the Neotec 2 + Sena from FCMOTO using their 10% Christmas discount (luckily the code was accepted, as it’s about to expire!)

Here is the color I ordered (hi-viz as i’ll use it daily on my GSA...)

ysoslo likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 03:36 AM

Garage
Sorry to have spotted this thread post order but having said that youíre certainly not going to regret your choice!

It has everything I could possibly ask for from a helmet in terms of comfort, protection, sun visor and the inbuilt comms is brilliant for satNav and music. One aspect I didnít think Iíd ever benefit from is the modular element but, being able to flip the front up is just brilliant when sat at lights to let in some air in or when filling up with fuel.

If there is one small negative Iíd have to say itís the weight, but then I did come from wearing the Bell Bullett finished in carbon fibre witch is silly light. After a little while I had adjusted for the additional weight and would say the reduced wind noise and stability at speed when wearing the Neotec 2 more than compensates.

Itíll be good to hear what you think when youíve spent some time with yours

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/f...1&d=1545035817
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	63FF7873-2BF1-41B2-B205-5299A6832B0F.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	29813  
eisen77 likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Hi Mike.
As usual - your input is invaluable.
Thanks for the write up and Iíll let you know my thoughts once Iíve got my Shoei.

My only doubts are with regards to the wide viewing area which the C4 provides and I absolutely love. But Iím sure Iíll adapt to the
Neotec quickly even if the viewing port is different.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

By the way, do I have the smallest head in the whole forum ??

At 56cm (just) , I’m feeling a bit pin-headed next to you all
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 05:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Hi Mike.
As usual - your input is invaluable.
Thanks for the write up and Iíll let you know my thoughts once Iíve got my Shoei.

My only doubts are with regards to the wide viewing area which the C4 provides and I absolutely love. But Iím sure Iíll adapt to the
Neotec quickly even if the viewing port is different.
Always a pleasure buddy.

Viewing area wise... Iíve not experienced the C4 but again the Bell Bullett is said to be exceptional on that front and I have to say that whilst the Neotec 2 isnít as open, it didnít immediately strike me as being an issue.

Best of luck 👍
eisen77 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page