The year of rain... - Triumph Bobber Forum
 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 1,582
Garage
The year of rain...

Just a note to mention, in the area that I live, this year is going to break the rain fall amounts since weather/rain has been tracked, ever. It's raining right now, and will do so the entire weekend....

It has not been a good year for riding at all......yes, I to am a fair weather rider...I hate washing the Bobber....
muensterDeath is offline  
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 10:39 AM
Roy
Senior Member
 
Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Prescott Arizona
Posts: 1,778
Garage
That has to stink,

Still lots of snow out of the window here but I'm hopeful for the occasional sunny day with dry roads to get our for a spin. I remember all the damp, wet and rain of the UK. Back then I was an all year rider and although I loved being on my bike, it was really no fun at all at times and never being able to keep it clean was frustraiting beyond belief.

As youngsters we would criticize 'fair weather bikers' but now I'm proud to say I'm totally one of those chaps. Must be something to do with age, maturity or just growing up.

Wishing you some sunny or at least dry days Bro.

Cheerio,

Roy
unparalleledltwin likes this.
Roy is online now  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator
 
eisen77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Palma de Mallorca
Posts: 3,087
Iím year round, but the Bobber only sees fair weather.
Riding in the snow (clean/safe roads) was absolutely amazing and I must admit that I enjoy riding in the rain - as long as itís not the first rain of the season and there isnít a flood alert/torrential downpour.

As for cleaning, i used to enjoy it but now let a professional company deal with the aftermath of bad weather
In my defense, they are an environmentally friendly company who only use ecological/non harmful products.
Roy likes this.
eisen77 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 1,582
Garage
I ride year round unless it's way to hot, raining, or the roads are shite.

This time of year we also have to worry about wet leaves and it's rut, so lots of Deer running around.
gfspencer and Roy like this.
muensterDeath is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Guzzilazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 583
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by muensterDeath View Post
Just a note to mention, in the area that I live, this year is going to break the rain fall amounts since weather/rain has been tracked, ever. It's raining right now, and will do so the entire weekend....

It has not been a good year for riding at all......yes, I to am a fair weather rider...I hate washing the Bobber....
Your President is resolutely denying the existence of climate change...

Larry


Essex UK


2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
Guzzilazz is online now  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 1,582
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzilazz View Post
Your President is resolutely denying the existence of climate change...
Meh. He also doesn't drive, ride motorcycles, drink, enjoy a nice cigar.....

There will never be a perfect person in politics.
muensterDeath is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 03:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: North Carolina/California
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by muensterDeath View Post
Meh. He also doesn't drive, ride motorcycles, drink, enjoy a nice cigar.....
He might drive a golf cart.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
gfspencer is online now  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 06:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
That has to stink,

Still lots of snow out of the window here but I'm hopeful for the occasional sunny day with dry roads to get our for a spin. I remember all the damp, wet and rain of the UK. Back then I was an all year rider and although I loved being on my bike, it was really no fun at all at times and never being able to keep it clean was frustraiting beyond belief.

As youngsters we would criticize 'fair weather bikers' but now I'm proud to say I'm totally one of those chaps. Must be something to do with age, maturity or just growing up.

Wishing you some sunny or at least dry days Bro.

Cheerio,

Roy

I can confirm as a resident of UK soil, our weather sucks. I can also confirm at 26 years of age, I'm totally a fair weather dude. I used to ride in all weathers before I got my car license, and it wasn't enjoyable at all. Had a fair share of memorable and also forgettable moments in the rain. Made me a better rider though, that's for sure.


Where are you from in the UK Roy? I envy your move to the States, good on you buddy.


Cheers,


Matt
muensterDeath and Roy like this.
unparalleledltwin is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 07:38 PM
Roy
Senior Member
 
Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Prescott Arizona
Posts: 1,778
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStallion View Post
I can confirm as a resident of UK soil, our weather sucks. I can also confirm at 26 years of age, I'm totally a fair weather dude. I used to ride in all weathers before I got my car license, and it wasn't enjoyable at all. Had a fair share of memorable and also forgettable moments in the rain. Made me a better rider though, that's for sure.


Where are you from in the UK Roy? I envy your move to the States, good on you buddy.


Cheers,


Matt
Hi Matt,

Thanks for that mate.

I'm a Shropshire lad, came to the US to see my sister over 13 years ago and just never went back. Since then I have lived in Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico and now Colorado (for the fourth time).

Now we are up in the mountains and as of today snowed in again but all good fun.

I recall as a young biker in Shropshire me and my mates refused to get cars and rode all year round (we were young and foolish). After getting frostbite one winter riding my Bonnie to Wolverhampton I finally succumbed and at the age of 24 finally took my car test. Never really bought a car though just waited for friends and family to take pity on me and give me an old banger for the winter. Good job as all my money went on bikes..

Stay safe Matt, those winter roads in the UK can be treacherous, lost count of the number of times I dropped a bike on ice, snow, slush, oil, gravel, diesel, etc. You get the idea..

Cheerio,

Roy
unparalleledltwin likes this.
Roy is online now  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 07:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Oregon
Posts: 886
Garage
Being in the northwest, Iíve ridden in rain quite a few times but, almost always after Iíve started out in clear weather and got caught. But, my choice is always fair weather, when I can just enjoy the ride. During the winter months, I donít ride unless itís one of those occasional cold but sunny days that just begs for a short ride just to remind me of the longer rides to come.
jerrman is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Short rear fenders and rain... majstevetrevor Triumph Bobber Forum General Discussion 5 11-26-2018 06:27 PM
Bobber in the rain [email protected] Triumph Bobber Black General Discussion 7 10-30-2018 08:54 PM
Rain rain go away .... Mar-Vel Other Bikes Discussion 8 08-01-2018 04:48 PM
Rain mode Magoo Triumph Bobber Issues And Problems 21 05-28-2018 01:21 PM
Happy New Year 2018 On This First Day of The New Year Ribkick Triumph Bobber Forum General Discussion 1 01-02-2018 04:13 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome