Be Careful What You Wish For.. - Triumph Bobber Forum
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Be Careful What You Wish For..

Hi Gents,

As a kid growing up in England I would often dream of living like a 'mountain man' in the Rockies of America, so be careful what you wish for... My wife and I have accepted an opportunity to care-take a magnificent lake-side property 8,200 feet up in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. The downside is it will likely curtail my winter riding but the good news is I have a lovely huge garage to keep Charlotte (my Bobber) safe and dry and who knows I may get the occasional sunny/dry day to take a turn around the lake.

I will miss the incredible 'dry' roads of New Mexico but an adventure awaits. We are heading off for our mountain home and no doubt a substantial amount of snow, in a couple of weeks. I will be sure to post some photos over the winter at every opportunity I have, even if it's just to wheel Charlotte out for a photo op resplendent with a snowy mountain backdrop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 3.33.47 PM.png
Views:	109
Size:	742.7 KB
ID:	28899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 3.33.36 PM.png
Views:	111
Size:	883.0 KB
ID:	28901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 3.33.21 PM.png
Views:	103
Size:	840.0 KB
ID:	28903  
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Enjoy your adventure in Colorado !
I was there a long time ago, but still have great memories of it.

Look forward to seeing pics and glad Charlotte will have a warm place to hibernate
Roy likes this.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 05:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Hi Gents,

As a kid growing up in England I would often dream of living like a 'mountain man' in the Rockies of America, so be careful what you wish for... My wife and I have accepted an opportunity to care-take a magnificent lake-side property 8,200 feet up in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. The downside is it will likely curtail my winter riding but the good news is I have a lovely huge garage to keep Charlotte (my Bobber) safe and dry and who knows I may get the occasional sunny/dry day to take a turn around the lake.

I will miss the incredible 'dry' roads of New Mexico but an adventure awaits. We are heading off for our mountain home and no doubt a substantial amount of snow, in a couple of weeks. I will be sure to post some photos over the winter at every opportunity I have, even if it's just to wheel Charlotte out for a photo op resplendent with a snowy mountain backdrop.
Hi Roy... by any chance will you be looking after the owners cats and dogs?
Roy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J Commo View Post
Hi Roy... by any chance will you be looking after the owners cats and dogs?
NO!

Just our little Lillibelle who may never forgive me for the cold as she loves the sun..

Cheerio,

Roy
Mike J Commo and gfspencer like this.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 06:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
NO!

Just our little Lillibelle who may never forgive me for the cold as she loves the sun..

Cheerio,

Roy
I see. Reason I asked... myself and my wife are members of trusted house sitter. In short... those with pets who wish to take a holiday themselves but donít want to put there dogs into kennels or cats into a cattery instead opt to have people stay in there home so that they can look after their animals whilst they are away. In exchange the house/pet sitter has free accommodation and the pet owner has peace of mind.

Itís possible to travel the world doing it and some of the houses you get to stay in are nothing short of spectacular.

Coincidentally... we were recently invited to take care of someoneís pets etc over Xmas in Colorado hence my question
ysoslo, gfspencer and Roy like this.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Hi Mike,

That's great, I have heard of such things. We have Lilli our little dog, so probably not the best for us but such ideas are terrific. Drop me a pm of where you might be and who know it may be local. We are on the western slope and have signed up for a year. Gosh we are not even there yet and the Spring seems a long way off.

Cheerio,

Roy
Mike J Commo likes this.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 08:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hi Mike,

That's great, I have heard of such things. We have Lilli our little dog, so probably not the best for us but such ideas are terrific. Drop me a pm of where you might be and who know it may be local. We are on the western slope and have signed up for a year. Gosh we are not even there yet and the Spring seems a long way off.

Cheerio,

Roy
Hi Roy,

Sadly we werenít on this occasion able to take the offer due to commitments already in place... but it would have been great to have met up with you!
Roy likes this.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 08:41 PM

Dear @Roy . You suck. BTW , Colorado is my favorite state. I've ridden to 46 of them , that one gets a visit every 2-3 years from me.
Roy likes this.

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Thanks BB,

Yes Colorado is a favorite place for us too having lived there on a number of occasions. I'm really looking forward to the Spring/Summer, should be some lovely mountain rides.

Cheerio,

Roy
ysoslo and Big Bear like this.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 12:32 AM

Congrats Roy! It looks beautiful!
Roy likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page