Triumph Dealerships Going Away - Triumph Bobber Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Triumph Dealerships Going Away

A local motorcycle dealership (RideNow Powersports in Concord, NC) is no longer selling Triumph. I walked into the store this afternoon to look at accessories and the Triumph section was gone. Triumph picked up all their inventory Friday afternoon. (My regular Triumph dealership is in Charlotte, NC.)

When I visit California I also visit CalMoto in Mountain View. They used to be a Triumph dealership. They aren't anymore.

This is starting to worry me. How many U.S. dealerships is Triumph going to close?

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 06:23 PM

The ones that won't comply. Triumph isn't closing them , the dealers are asked to do certain things (Remodels when directed.....that is the expensive one , as well as other things) and if they can't/won't , Triumph gets their stuff. My dealer is strong , and the owners has told me that if they weren't doing so well selling them , they likely wouldn't jump through the hoops. Triumph is strong , they are looking for strong dealers. That being said , I Don't endorse them pulling their product from every dealer that can't/won't meet their Criteria. I feel it should be based on the market. Downtown NYC , all the bells and whistles.....BFE , plan B as far as spending gobs of cash to meet the criteria. My dealer is currently going through the change......new paint , tile floors , etc.

So far behind , I think I'm in first place.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 07:54 PM

I lost my dealer this year too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
The ones that won't comply. Triumph isn't closing them , the dealers are asked to do certain things (Remodels when directed.....that is the expensive one , as well as other things) and if they can't/won't , Triumph gets their stuff. My dealer is strong , and the owners has told me that if they weren't doing so well selling them , they likely wouldn't jump through the hoops. Triumph is strong , they are looking for strong dealers. That being said , I Don't endorse them pulling their product from every dealer that can't/won't meet their Criteria. I feel it should be based on the market. Downtown NYC , all the bells and whistles.....BFE , plan B as far as spending gobs of cash to meet the criteria. My dealer is currently going through the change......new paint , tile floors , etc.
I agree.

I have a friend who owns a motorcycle dealership. He carries a number of European brands. He has to jump through all kinds of hoops to keep everyone happy.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 09:52 PM

Garage
Nope. We even have a Harley-Davidson dealer in the area that also carries Triumphs. Weird, if you ask me and I'm surprised HD even allows that (although this dealer has been doing it for a number of years). This dealer and a very good exclusive Triumph dealer aren't all that far apart, which is also surprising but, I guess the sales volume supports it. Not sure it's good for the dealers, though.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 10:38 PM
Van

My dealer advised me the only time Triumph pulled in his area is when the dealer isn't selling. We had one at a BMW dealer and then it was picked up by Ducati dealer where the sales are much better.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

I must say, I'm on Triumph's side here. Most dealers suck. In the WA area, only HD dealers are actually open on a Sunday. Given the effort that goes into designing, building and supporting the bikes, I think Triumph are right to want dealers who are actually invested in the bikes and not just taking orders from people who read the magazines or saw it on YouTube.

Motorcycle dealerships are businesses too, and businesses need to keep investing. Being open at times convenient to the customers would be a big step forward in the Seattle area for sure.
MikeB, gfspencer and Roy like this.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 01:28 PM

the dealership where i purchased my bobber ended their partnership with triumph just last year. they said it was that triumph wanted more floor-room space for their bikes. the dealership has limited space and they sell other brands too (ducati, aprilia, moto guzzi, mv agusta, and because they don't sell triumphs anymore, theyre now a royal enfield dealer). so it's unfortunate that triumph would pull their bikes becuase they could not meet their criteria.

this i don't understand, as i know the dealership does have a huge warehouse. when i purchased my bobber, it was delivered from the warehouse which was fine by me, as i understand they cannot have every make/model/color option on their showroom floor. just so long as they had a few models available to see, and some test ride bikes, was all i needed to place the order of my color choice and it was delivered to my door the next weekend.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:35 PM

Garage
Even in the UK Triumph is hot on customer satisfaction. If you get a survey from them and don't 10 everything, they are on the phone to the dealer and you get a call from them to see how they can put things right, same goes for layouts and even down to breakout seating and refreshments (free of course) to keep the Triumph brand managers happy.

If you don't comply, that's it, bye bye. You can still sell triumph stuff but you don't get the 'Approved' status and access to the parts/bikes approved supply chain and end up buying from another dealer to keep stock.

================================================== =============
0-60 in .......oh! wait.... I really don't care anymore (but it's still 1200cc of raw throbbing Trumpet so bugger off Mr.Scooter!)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethariel View Post
Even in the UK Triumph is hot on customer satisfaction. If you get a survey from them and don't 10 everything, they are on the phone to the dealer and you get a call from them to see how they can put things right, same goes for layouts and even down to breakout seating and refreshments (free of course) to keep the Triumph brand managers happy.

If you don't comply, that's it, bye bye. You can still sell triumph stuff but you don't get the 'Approved' status and access to the parts/bikes approved supply chain and end up buying from another dealer to keep stock.

Yeah, but when I complained to Triumph about the awkwardness of the side stand with footboards, all they said was effectively... "eff off". Very happy with the dealer, but the attitude from the Customer Services was awful... "physician heal thyself"

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page