Yearly DIY Maintenance - Triumph Bobber Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Yearly DIY Maintenance

For the first time in my life, I’m not putting as many miles on my bike as I used to. Partly because of being a new father, and part because of a busy job. Usually, I’d have at least one major service every year (10k+ miles) but my first year with the bobber was only about 3k. Thankfully the service interval is better than my older Ducati’s.

I was considering taking it into a local shop for a once over, and meeting a good new mechanic since I don’t plan on returning to the dealer. But I really feel like until my tires run down and I’m due for a scheduled service, fluid changes and safety check would cover it.

What do you do for a yearly maintenance? Oil / filter change and tightening bolts?
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 11:09 AM

Every year, I change oil, air filter, and check torque on all major bolts. I’ll also check, clean, and lube all cables. Every 4th year, I usually replace coolant and brake fluid. Everything else is as needed. I check the chain and tires before every ride so those don’t get much attention at the annual service.

Adrian at Canyon Motorcycles does service work if you don’t want to bother with it yourself. He’s a former Triumph trained technician.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, That’s about my usual maintenance too.

I’ve heard good things about Canyon and Moto chop shop, but have heard really good things about moto chop shop from some friends recently. It’s nice to live right between 2 reputable mechanics.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page