Paddock Stand: what am I doing wrong? - Triumph Bobber Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Paddock Stand: what am I doing wrong?

I just picked up an Oxford premium paddock stand and bobbins. The problem is that I cannot for the life of me lift the Bobber. I tried a 2x4 under the kickstand. I had someone hold the bike upright. I held the bike upright while someone else tried. Full counter weight off the ground with feet dangling - nothing. I've seen the Bobber lifted effortlessly on YouTube with the exact same paddock stand so what gives?
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 12:58 AM

You need a low profile paddock stand. My Pit-Bull stand wouldn’t work with the Bobber so I had to purchase a low profile stand from Harbor Freight for the Bobber.

Last edited by kilyung; 10-22-2019 at 01:11 AM.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 01:05 AM

Garage
This should give you some insight.

Each one matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
This should give you some insight.

https://youtu.be/AX_fEi2CjEQ
Thanks for the video but I've already seen it, which is why I don't understand how this is not working for me.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 02:09 AM

Front wheel chock and a pit bull stand. No problem, left hand holds the rear fender strut right hand push down on the pit bull use your right knee with the right hand if you can’t “get it up”. No 2x4 needed or worry about the bike falling
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 03:17 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niiick View Post
I just picked up an Oxford premium paddock stand and bobbins. The problem is that I cannot for the life of me lift the Bobber. I tried a 2x4 under the kickstand. I had someone hold the bike upright. I held the bike upright while someone else tried. Full counter weight off the ground with feet dangling - nothing. I've seen the Bobber lifted effortlessly on YouTube with the exact same paddock stand so what gives?
I had the same problem with my paddock stand (that I used with my previous bikes...)
So, or you buy a low profile paddock stand, or you buy a steel bar 10mm of diameter about 50cm of length and place it inside the hole on the wheel hub and you can use a standard paddock stand as I did it.
And you can also remove the bobbins, if you like...

(I took the picture some month ago, before changing the seat and adding the RAM Mounts brackets...)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190115_005429.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	39139  

Fabrizio

2018 Bobber Black in matt jet black colour. Remus black exhaust system. Free Spirits x-pipe. Corbin all black leather seat. OEM auxiliary power socket. RAM Mounts systems for GPS navigator and cell phone.

Last edited by Marinaio70; 10-22-2019 at 03:40 AM.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinaio70 View Post
... inside the hole on the wheel hub and you can use a standard paddock stand as I did it.
Great idea if he’s not trying to remove the rear wheel.
Marinaio70 likes this.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niiick View Post
I feel your pain, it's all about leverage and with the bobbin mounting points on the Bobber being so low there's not much of that! One day I'll buy a new paddock stand with a long arm attached but in the meantime I get buy with a Tech's Bobbin Stand Kit that they made for the Street Twin but fits the Bobber too. It puts the bobbins only a few inches higher but what a difference it makes, with it fitted it's super easy to get up...Oooh Matron!!!

Of course it's no good for removing the back wheel and it does makes adjusting the chain a bit tricky, but for lubing the chain and getting the back wheel off the ground it works a treat.

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:56 AM

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike...2018/CR0067BK/

This part is supposed to relocate the bobbin pins to cure your paddock stand woes.
Bobber-Bomb likes this.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 06:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
You need a low profile paddock stand. My Pit-Bull stand wouldn’t work with the Bobber so I had to purchase a low profile stand from Harbor Freight for the Bobber.

+1 I did also. There is a good video out on YouTube talking about a similar stand to that which is sold by Harbor Freight. The one in the video is black, but looks identical other than the paint.
The first time I used it, I had my bud standing at ready to assist; but it all worked well, thanks to watching the video:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page