Name:	20180304_103708.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	17194   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180304_121523.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	17202  
eisen77, codykday and sigma pi like this.
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 12:37 PM

Garage
In your opinion, once the pods are installed will there be enough room for a tracker to be squeezed in there?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Now imagine that with polished bellmouths, the supercharger from another thread, and the key relocated to the left side...
Mike J Commo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 06:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychopasta View Post
Now imagine that with polished bellmouths, the supercharger from another thread, and the key relocated to the left side...
Maybe it really is... the key to extra power!
eisen77 and Psychopasta like this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 03:37 AM

finally got around to doing the airbox delete.

sprint airpod filters, viba wire harness cover, k&n crankcase breather, and booster plug all from a&j cycles. thanks for all the good advice from everyone on going about this (there were a good amount of threads/posts)

as i expected though, the check engine light is now on (as a lot of others have experienced this, especially with me having the x-pipe and aftermarket exhausts). will this potentially turn off? or basically will i have to go about doing a remap? just finished it up this evening, so haven't goten a chance to ride the bike and really test it out. just started it up for a little bit and did notice a little bit more of a throaty overall sound (then again, may just be my imagination)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0989.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	26823  
eisen77 likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 08:00 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdannygunz View Post
finally got around to doing the airbox delete.

sprint airpod filters, viba wire harness cover, k&n crankcase breather, and booster plug all from a&j cycles. thanks for all the good advice from everyone on going about this (there were a good amount of threads/posts)

as i expected though, the check engine light is now on (as a lot of others have experienced this, especially with me having the x-pipe and aftermarket exhausts). will this potentially turn off? or basically will i have to go about doing a remap? just finished it up this evening, so haven't goten a chance to ride the bike and really test it out. just started it up for a little bit and did notice a little bit more of a throaty overall sound (then again, may just be my imagination)
Pretty sure the only reason customers have had the check engine light come on was if the started the bike with the air intake sensor that is in the air box disconnected.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 08:45 AM

Mine came on after each of those mods but went away after some riding and I donít have the booster plug. I do have the x pipe air box delete and V&H exhausts

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearJu View Post
Mine came on after each of those mods but went away after some riding and I don’t have the booster plug. I do have the x pipe air box delete and V&H exhausts

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC
good news, is that the check engine light finally turned off after a little riding as well!
whew!

i'm also a fan of the new booster plug that i also installed while doing the airbox delete. much smoother at slow speeds, and less exhaust pops. as many have done, i also located the boosterplug sensor in area under the seat and seems to work fine. may extend the wire if i get around to it and locate it up near headlamp.

Last edited by djdannygunz; 08-05-2018 at 03:36 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AandJCycles View Post
Pretty sure the only reason customers have had the check engine light come on was if the started the bike with the air intake sensor that is in the air box disconnected.
good advice too when doing the install. as when i was going about it, i didn't realize that the factory air sensor that's connected to the left airbox needed to be removed (brian helped greatly with walking me through my questions with that and the booster plug). the engine light still came on, but like bearju it eventually turned off after a few rides. thanks a&j for great products and service!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 04:36 PM

I would do the booster plug but I already put in a PCV. Hoping over the winter to get and install the auto tune.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page