Old School Bobber - Triumph Bobber Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Old School Bobber

I finally got around to getting some more things done and getting some good pics of the bike. It started as a 2017 Bobber. The goal was make it look as retro/old school as possible. I wanted to remove or minimize as much as possible. I tried to black out most covers and use brass when possible for accents. I had to “patina” some pieces (like the levers) and think when the little brass pieces start to oxidize, it will pull it all together. I’m 95% done. I will probably put a very short rear fender (original cut down to maybe an inch past the seat) back on, maybe forward controls, more brass accents, and probably get another seat (similar but about 2” longer). Finally, I wanted to thank Daniel Ludwigsen (Ludwigsen Motor Company) for most of the heavy lifting (exhaust, brake upgrade, powder coating, battery/ignition relocation, etc) and Brian at A&J Cycles for a lot of the parts.

Mods:
-Custom 2:1 exhaust with cat delete (Ludwigsen), booster plug
-Airbox Delete (K&N 50 pods, P2M hose clamps, Uni crankcase filter dyed black)
-Battery relocation (under bike) and ignition relocation (old battery location) with custom wire cover
-Matris rear shock and Brembo front brake upgrade (gold caliper accent)
-Lighting (Motodemic adaptive with Lamin-x yellow film, Motogadget m.blaze bar end turn signals, single X-Arc running/brake on custom side mount plate)
-Paint/Powder coat flat black (tank, fenders, headlight, bars, foot levers/pegs, engine covers, etc.)
-Brass/gold accents: gas cap, shift lever, engine bolts, levers, sprocket cover mesh, drive chain
-La Rosa vintage leather seat 13”

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

More Pics

Last edited by jefros; 10-20-2018 at 11:52 AM. Reason: added pics
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 12:02 PM

Your bike looks great! Nice work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 12:42 PM

Your bike looks great! I am curious about your seat. Is the seat originally a Triumph Bobber Statement Seat recovered or is the seat designed and built by a custom shop? Thanks.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 12:51 PM

Garage
The bike looks great. You really made it unique and yours. I like the relocation of the ignition and the seat especially.
What do you think, is it possible to relocate the ignition with the battery in place?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 12:52 PM

Garage
Incredible amount of work! It looks really good, and you're guaranteed to never pull up anywhere and see the same bike nearby. I love the barend signals. Such a clean touch.

Each one matters.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Your bike looks great! I am curious about your seat. Is the seat originally a Triumph Bobber Statement Seat recovered or is the seat designed and built by a custom shop? Thanks.
Seat is just an older 13" La Rosa the builder has had for several years. It works fine. The seat bolts could be a quarter inch longer (grabbing almost all the nut with lots of red locktite!) but other then that it bolts up perfectly. I think I would go with a 15-16" size if buying new.

Something like this:

https://larosadesign.us/16-basick-so...wn-tuk-n-roll/

Though, I am actually leaning towards a seat from these guys (in addition to their seats check out the 3d tanks they make. Pretty cool except for the cost!):

https://leathercraft24.com/en

https://leathercraft24.com/en/gastan...ey?search=tank

Quote:
What do you think, is it possible to relocate the ignition with the battery in place?

There are a couple relocation kits on the market that move it to the left side in a less conspicuous spot but they don't completely open up the space under the fake carbs. You might be able to incorporate it into a wire cover if you do the airbox delete.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 03:21 PM

Hey Jefros. Thanks so much for this information. Cool stuff and a lot to choose from. Sometimes difficult to make a decision when choosing online. It would be great to roll up to their shop with your bike and compare the seats in person. A lot to contemplate before pulling the trigger.
That tank is amazing too and I agree with you on the cost. My bike would definitely standout in Washington state if I had that tank installed. It is a little ornate for me but toneing it down a little would be my choice.
Again thanks for your comments and suggestions. Ride safe!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I agree on the tank. A little too busy but I love the concept.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 08:21 AM

Jefros always good to see personalized bikes, I do not like the exhaust at all it's a long way from old school, but that's just me, you must like it that's what really matters.
Kudos to you for your efforts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page