Triumph Bobber in north Italy - Triumph Bobber Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Triumph Bobber in north Italy

The very new Triumph Bobber is a really cool motorcycle, I had a great day riding it on the coast and I hope you will enjoy this review and my motovlog!

Bobby and eisen77 like this.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Nice review - thanks !

I also found the handling strange to begin with, as i was unsure how to trust the feeedback from the Avons or how to use my body in the turns due to the riding position. However, the more i use the bike the more i enjoy it!

I did some emergency brake test runs today (four fingers + rear brake). Although the brakes lack initial bite, they are indeed plenty strong enough (for a Bobber!) once the front tire is warm.
Also - I have to say - the traction control is amazing. It works in the background without hindering the riding experience AT ALL.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:05 AM
Kaj

I love the area of Italian cost, I've done the road Genova-St. Tropez several times with different bikes.
Guess I'll need to that with Bobber as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 11:52 AM

Thanks for showing how the adjustment of the gauge works. When I seen it at the show I completely forgot to try and play around with it as I was more-so fixated on the seat and how to move that.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisen77 View Post
Nice review - thanks !

I also found the handling strange to begin with, as i was unsure how to trust the feeedback from the Avons or how to use my body in the turns due to the riding position. However, the more i use the bike the more i enjoy it!

I did some emergency brake test runs today (four fingers + rear brake). Although the brakes lack initial bite, they are indeed plenty strong enough (for a Bobber!) once the front tire is warm.
Also - I have to say - the traction control is amazing. It works in the background without hindering the riding experience AT ALL.
Wow, your take on Handling is a bad look for Triumph, they specifically wanted to place a special emphasis on Handling. But that might vary from person to person as i'm seeing review that talk positively about its handling.

What bikes have you ridden before?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

My personal garage as far back as i can remember:
BMW K1200R
BMW K1200LT
BMW R1200GS/A
BMW R1200R
BMW F800R
BMW R1200RT
Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Explorer (1215cc)
Ducati Hypermotard 1000
Ducati 848
Ducati Biposto Sport 1000 Cafe Racer
Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Ducati Diavel Carbon
Honda Goldwing 1800
Honda Silverwing 600
Suzuki GSXR1000 2005 Race prepped
Kawasaki 750
Yamaha FJR/A

As you can tell , NONE of those bikes were even close to a custom/bobber style bike - so that is why the handling was alien to me.
The closest would be the Diavel. But honestly that bike handled like a sport bike and i would have had another if it were not for the silly feet forward position they put on the new model. The Ducati Sport 1000 was akin to a torture rack, but looked and sounded beautiful.
My Goldwing has a Full Monty Traxxion Dynamic suspension upgrade, as i could not stand the OEM setup.

For this reason i changed the Bobbers rear to a FOX before even trying the OEM shock, as i was pretty sure i would need to stiffen the rear.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

On another note, i never meant to say the Bobber handles badly. On the contrary! It is quite amazing. But it took me a while to acclimatize to its feedback and how it handles on fast, sweeping roads i use my other bikes on.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Some nostalgia from back home in Israel...

Bobby likes this.

Last edited by eisen77; 03-07-2017 at 04:45 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 11:51 AM

I'm guessing your living room just turned into your indoor wrenching area. Do you still own any of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky's Ride View Post
The very new Triumph Bobber is a really cool motorcycle, I had a great day riding it on the coast and I hope you will enjoy this review and my motovlog!
Great review! Sounds like the Bobber's handling and ergonomics is just something you'll have to get used to before it becomes natural. Probably a learning curve for those coming from sport bikes. Aside from that, you didn't have many complaints at all.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 01:17 PM

That's definitely an impressive bike history list but gosh darn, talk about living the dream! Tried bringing a bike into the house one time and the misses nearly threw both me and the bike out for good.. Never trying that one again.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page