BikeBrothers Speedshop Triumph Bonneville Bobber - Triumph Bobber Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

BikeBrothers Speedshop Triumph Bonneville Bobber

Here's a photo of a Triumph Bonneville Bobber that BikeBrothers Speedshop created. Definitely nothing over the top and usually I don't like that hue of blue-ish BUT I think it flows well, especially with that seat.

Bobber-Bomb likes this.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 11:55 AM

Looks like they did a fender delete, wrapped the pipe, painted the body and installed what may be a custom seat. The new Bobber is just one of those bikes that will look great in a very wide range of colors including light blue.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Nonetheless, they did a good job. Could also do without the pipe wrap, or maybe if it was wrapped in a black or something. An addition of a saddlebag to compliment that seat would be nice as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:01 PM

I think this is one of the few times where I like the exhaust wrap since the color is similar to the silver on the tank. Looks like they changed the front forks too, but I have no idea with what.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 04:15 AM

I loved when I saw the bobbed BikeBrothers Bobber. Also MikeMAC's change to 7" headlight I found so right for the bike, Combining the two my modification program became defined.

What actually brings me to hammer down these words is the experience with the changing of tyres. First off, the Avons are simply wonderful. Let there be no doubt about that. In my eyes, a bobber should look more of a bobbed down bike thus I wanted it more old style. And that included the tyres. The Avons would look gorgeous on any bike. An the is the point, 'any bike'. When I saw the BikeBrothers set up I found the right style: back: Shinko, E240, MT90-16 TT 74H; front: Bridgestone AC03 G 100/90-19 TT 57H M/C TT.

The dealer believed I would make a big mistake to change and advised me against it cautioning me that the flat profiled Shinko tyres would be horrible to ride. I proved him wrong though. On winding roads here in Norway they were perfect and truth be told, I did not notice any difference from the Avons. I admit that I have not more then 1000 km on the bike so I can be wrong of course. But so far so good!

I had changed to the small rear fender and put on the Rizoma lights. The old cabling tube/hose was used for that change. It is however pretty thick and takes some space between the fender and the tyre, but still leaves abt. 1.5-2 cm room.

Last weekend I took a ride down the coast. Everything worked perfect. The new tyres were great with no feeling of negatives from the flat profile as predicted by the dealer. That actually surprised me as I was prepared for more active driving to cope. On Sunday going back I suddenly lost all the lights except the headlight, direction signal, marker light and break light. I found the 10A fuse in the back had blown and put in a new one. It lasted for 10 minutes. Back I got the bike to the garage, expecting the Rizoma mounting could be the cause. What we found though was a surprise; the culprit was the Shinko tyre. At speed it expands and rounds up much so it hit the cable hose on the fender, thus after many km it ate through the plastic and laid the copper bare to cause the short.

This also explains why a seemingly flat tyre could perform so well I expect; at speed the shape rounds and surface contact improves when leaning over.

The easy fix was to remove the original fat Triumph cable hose and tidy up the cabling into the profile of the fender. The problem is solved. So, for anyone else out there considering the same, be aware and make the adjustments and you shall be fine. I was earlier considering to put on an even slimmer and tighter rear fender. BikeBrother has them out shortly. But with the Shinko that would not be possible. And I love the Shinkos and will stick with them ;-) thus the fender stays.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7260.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	8345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7258.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	8353   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7234.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	8361   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7229.jpeg
Views:	428
Size:	564.9 KB
ID:	8369   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7286.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	8377  

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 06:30 AM
Koz

getor

nice job......like the look w/o chain guard....

what rear lights do you have on your bike?

How are you liking the seat? It looks like the Triumph statement seat......

Regards
Koz
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz View Post
getor

nice job......like the look w/o chain guard....

what rear lights do you have on your bike?

How are you liking the seat? It looks like the Triumph statement seat......

Regards
Koz
I'm not Getor, but those little ok like the Rizoma Club S signals. Fantastic lights. Extremely bright. Their break, signal and running lights in one. Kind of pricey. About $150 for the pair. You need to also buy mounting brackets for them to cover the extra home you'll have in the fender mounting bracket. Their like $12.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 07:06 AM
Koz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Miller View Post
I'm not Getor, but those little ok like the Rizoma Club S signals. Fantastic lights. Extremely bright. Their break, signal and running lights in one. Kind of pricey. About $150 for the pair. You need to also buy mounting brackets for them to cover the extra home you'll have in the fender mounting bracket. Their like $12.
Thanks for the input.......I'm admiring the Bike Brothers fender/light solution.....maybe I'll do something like that........ Yesterday I installed the triumph side mount plate......(I installed the plate holder vertical )......I'm thinking I'll ride with the original fender for a bit and see how I like it with the rear end cleaned up a bit.

today I'm going to get the BC straight pipes and will put those on....after seeing getor's bike pics i might also remove the chain guard.....

koz
getor likes this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 07:18 AM

Those tires are the radical change aren't they? Function traded for nostalgia. Look great how do they handle?

On the blue bike...what is that wrap good for? I guess it dissipates heat to the leg but not much. Had it on my Buell that just was wrecked (on there when I bought it) and it also hides the blueing and discoloration of the pipe but it accumulates dirt and on light wrap looks bad in short order imo and is next to impossible to clean.

Learn until it hurts (Alex Shigo, Father of Modern Arboriculture).
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 03:36 PM

@Koz - Brandon Miller gave the correct answer: Rizoma Club S. It is the statement seat. I am also a bicyclist so are used to hard and painful seats so I have no problems with it. It is something to get used to I guess.

@Treeman - as I wrote, I can honestly not say that the drive experience is much different from the Avons. That said, I have not tested them hard for a long period of time but through the last weekend ride I felt good control and traction. I love the look however but I guess no need to point that out, once again ;-)
Treeman likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page