Price check . - Page 3 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoslo View Post
Congratulations on your purchase! Can't wait to see some pics soon. Any mods you're considering right away?
Thanks mate , first thing tail tidy , Probably Rizoma turn signals , and a side license plate holder just for starters...Oh yeah and probably a brown diamond cut seat .
ysoslo likes this.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevininmichigan View Post
got my bbb with forward controls for $15k otd. (mich. 6% sales tax)
$14800 otd .
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 10:57 PM

15200 OTD with WA state 10.4% sales tax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 04:05 PM

This looks like a great buy!!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153108938173?ul_noapp=true

Chico
ysoslo and perrymoa like this.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 11:17 AM

Wow I got really lucky, I think going to a dealership is the complete wrong way to do this if you know about Motorcycles and what to check for when buying from a private owner. I first went to a dealership who was selling a 2018 Morello Red T Bobber which is my dream bike and the sticker price was $8,999. It was a demo but nothing wrong with it of course and had about 200 miles on it. I asked how much the OTD price would be if I turned in my very well maintained 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS with 3500 miles on it. They had taken off 3800 for the trade in and after the state tax and dmv fees which of course I have no issue paying the total cost in cash OTD was $6537. Then I looked at the freight and handling charges which added up to $1800 together! This made the OTD price close to $8400 plus they wanted my VULCAN S ABS which most dealerships in my area have a sticker price of minimum $5,999 without their fees. That’s just crazy, I understand if they would agree to charge me for the amount they paid but $1800 is a scam especially since it is a business expense and can be written off plus many other dealerships I have dealt with in the past have completely knocked off these fees if you haggle with them for a while they will budge. So I found some private dealers and called around and I found a 2018 Morello Red Bobber with 900 miles and paid $8500 cash. That is just $100 more than the dealership wanted but now I still have my Vulcan S to sell. Do the research and take your time and do not let these dealers take advantage of you future Bobber buyers! Love the bike! Ride safe!
ysoslo and twesterh like this.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 03:48 AM

It's 14,400 EUR here (in matte) including freight and tax = roughly 16,800 USD.

I managed to get 7% off and the dealership is providing 10% discount on any accessories and apparel for 12 months after the bike purchase.

Tom
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 10:50 AM

I doubt you'll believe me but... pretty sure I got the best deal out of anyone. I drove from Indianapolis to Chicago for this deal.

2018 Bobber Black Matte... new, 3 miles on the clock, listed at $9,500... I got it $11490 out the door. I even tried to haggle with 'em!! ha ha... they said No, that's the price. I took off work and showed up the next day ready to pay cash... they said why not do the 0% for 4 years as well? Ok, didn't know that was an option! (Two weeks prior I wasn't even looking for a motorcycle.)

Kept waiting for the scam to appear. It never did. Great people at the dealership... finally I heard from an employee that a dealer closed out west and they got all their inventory to unload.

Chicago Motoworks still has some in stock it looks like, though they raised the price of the Matte a bit:

Pre-owned motorcycles in Chicago | Motoworks Chicago

They are listed under used; don't know why. Maybe they titled it or the previous shop did? But I don't think so, cause they gave me the origin of manufacture from Triumph when I registered it in Indiana.

All I can tell you is it was a legit deal and they were great people there.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page