Price check . - Page 2 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 12:27 AM

National Powersports is unique as far as no extra fees, nice.

Chico
CaptainFrench likes this.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 08:28 AM

Garage
I am glad Mar-Vel this is helping , good luck.

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the input fellas . I guess prices vary depending on dealer and where you live . Only one Triumph dealer where I live so not like Im spoiled for choice .
The bobber Black Is such a new bike the dealer Is reluctant to come down on msrp people are all over these atm ...But Ill keep at It see If I can wear them down a bit .

Thanks .
EricBerry likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-Vel View Post
Thanks EricBerry.....Its broken down a little differently but out the door price Is almost the same . hmmm I didn't get any dealer discount though .
I received the $500 from the down payment for the Back in Black Tour. I'm also shocked to see some of the different prices from different countries. I would assume that this bike sent to Cali which is halfway around the world the freight would be more expensive than other locations. Good Luck!
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

I intended to trade two bikes in against the bobber black (2016 STRX and 2012 Thruxton 900 both low miles and in showroom condition and $$$$ in mods and upgrades ) but the dealership wont even come close to what IMO they are worth...I ill be selling them privately , If and when that happens ILL BE BACK in black :-)

Ride safe all ......
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 07:23 AM

Garage
You have to consider how they receive the bike, and then how they pass on any charges to you, whether in total price or additional charges. If they receive the bike in a crate in multiple pieces and then construct it , then its likely they will pass on the cost for this. If they pay somebody else to construct it and then ship it to them, again charges to pass on. Or they need to sell it and knock off 500, which was probably added on somewhere anyway, which is a flexibility they have. We the customer will eventually pay for it somewhere along the line and the dealer will make and Triumph will make.
I imagine all the US states and Canadian provinces have different taxes for VAT and road tax anyway.
If you want it pay for it.
If not just say no and see what they say.

When I brought my street triple in Switzerland, it was shipped form Thailand and constructed by the dealer: steering/forks/tank/ oils, and then set up. This was considered part of the OTR additional price.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 08:35 AM

I haggled and managed to get 3% off.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Ok so I did It...bought a Bobber Black , dealer said she couldn't move on the price anymore and was the best she could offer and I believe her, simple reason I shopped around and nobody else would come close to what this dealer offered me for my trades , I tried to sell privately but got tired of the stupidity that people came out with one guy offered me his lawn mowing business for my bikes that's how crazy It got...Anyway went into the dealership to day they had sold both bobber blacks they had on the show room floor BUT they had one left still in the crate, they were not sure when they would be getting anymore yeah I know sales person BS right , Iv bought bikes from this dealer in the past and they have always been up front so I trust what they say so I went a head and bought the last Bobber Black they had.......I pick the bike up next weekend .

So I guess Ill be seeing you guys around the forum....
ysoslo likes this.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 09:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-Vel View Post
Ok so I did It...bought a Bobber Black , dealer said she couldn't move on the price anymore and was the best she could offer and I believe her, simple reason I shopped around and nobody else would come close to what this dealer offered me for my trades , I tried to sell privately but got tired of the stupidity that people came out with one guy offered me his lawn mowing business for my bikes that's how crazy It got...Anyway went into the dealership to day they had sold both bobber blacks they had on the show room floor BUT they had one left still in the crate, they were not sure when they would be getting anymore yeah I know sales person BS right , Iv bought bikes from this dealer in the past and they have always been up front so I trust what they say so I went a head and bought the last Bobber Black they had.......I pick the bike up next weekend .

So I guess Ill be seeing you guys around the forum....
Congratulations on your purchase! Can't wait to see some pics soon. Any mods you're considering right away?
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 06:48 AM

Got my BBB with forward controls for $15K OTD. (Mich. 6% sales tax)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page