Triumph Dealership Reviews - Triumph Bobber Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Triumph Dealership Reviews

Greetings Lads & Lasses,

I'm not sure if anyone has started a thread on this topic but as I couldn't find one I thought I would give it a go. So this potentially ongoing thread is here for You to share your views, and experiences (good or bad) of dealing with Triumph Dealerships.

Guidelines:
Try to be fair and balanced and please no verbal abuse (I'm sensitive )
State if your experience was in purchasing a motorcycle, parts, accessories, merchandise or services etc.
Remember to let us know which dealership this was; town/country etc

Cheerio,

Roy
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Triumph Albuquerque New Mexico USA

https://www.triumphalbuquerque.com/

Purchase of a new 2018 Bobber Black plus accessories and first service.

Overall Experience:
My overall experience with Triumph of Albuquerque New Mexico was excellent. This is a small but dedicated Triumph only dealership (which I appreciate). The location is easy to find just off of I-40. They carry a great selection of Triumph motorcycles, so there is plenty of models to see. The staff although small in number (only one dedicated sales person) are friendly, helpful and knowledgable. They have a seated area and small selection of parts and apparel on display.

Critique:
I purchased my new Bobber and also ordered accessories to be fitted. Some of these accessories were not delivered in time for my new bike. Also some of my panels were the incorrect colour and new parts had to be ordered. Both of these issues were with Triumph as the parts had to come from the UK, so my critique is not for Triumph Albuquerque, as they ordered replacement items promptly and without fuss.

There was a scratch on one of my parts which was the dealership,s error and to their credit on pointing this out, they didn't hesitate to 'make this right' and immediately ordered a new replacement part.

During this whole process they were very slow in replying to my calls or emails (if at all). This wasn't a huge deal for me as I'm aware they have a small staff and were quite busy but could irritate some folks.

Suggestions:
I would like to see them cary more accessories and apparel. I would also like to see them open up on a Sunday and also find some way to foster more of a Triumph riding community through events and remember to communicate this. Although I live 90 miles away I would still consider a ride down to such events.

Picking up my new Bobber was a really bid event for me personally but this seemed to be a non-event for the dealership, I wish they had in some way embraced this a little more and not have been so mater of fact. Maybe I'm being picky but I just laid down nearly $18 grand in cash and I'm not a rich man, so a little more enthusiasm or effort on their part to acknowledge this would have gone a long way to my experience on the day.

Summation:
Aside from a few issues here and there, I was very pleased with my whole experience. Jesse the sales chap, really listened to what I wanted and offered some knowledgeable advice. Nicole in the servicing department was also very helpful and great to work with. I never met any of the mechanics but I'm pleased with the result, so must give them credit.

Although I would like to see this dealership make some small changes in a few areas, in general I would not hesitate in recommending them. A credit to Triumph.

Cheerio,

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 2.00.52 PM.png
Views:	44
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	26345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 12.00.04 PM.png
Views:	89
Size:	498.6 KB
ID:	26347  
eisen77, bofor and DanFromVegas like this.

Last edited by Roy; 07-22-2018 at 04:53 PM.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 05:01 PM

Maybe its the Mexican way Roy.
Good write up though, i`m sure it will be useful. Its not the location i would have thought
would be selling Triumph..more like the American bikes...the Har...Har..Harl, D**N you know the ones. Or perhaps even the Baja type ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Hi Bofor,

Not too far away is an Indian and (huge) HD dealership but I must say for the most part these gents are Triumph Albuquerque are a class act and represent the brand very well. I have popped into the HD dealership and for atmosphere and customer care the Triumph dealership had them beat hands down, so I wish them well and will continue to support them.

Cheerio,

Roy
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 05:29 PM

Hi Roy
Getting slightly off topic here
I guess some of us Brits get the wrong idea of when we think of places like Alburquerque and Mexico and think of little desert towns with Sombreros and Siesta`s and Tequila.
(oh and of course Steve McQueen in the Baja)(or those well known western(filmed in Europe).
I will have to google some of these.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Roy

Garage
Hi Bofor,

I totally understand, as a proud Englishman and Shropshire lad I have to pinch myself sometimes. America is an incredible place with some astonishing regional diversity. In over a decade I have lived in Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Texas, Arizona and New Mexico. I have ridden coast to coast and spent much time traveling especially throughout the western half of the US.

There is so much to see in the country and I have driven across snow covered mountains and crossed deserts and all in the same day!

I just wish I could more easily get some black pudding and a port pie... I would add to that a good pint but have just found a wonderful local brew-pub that does a cracking Scottish Ale.

You Brit based lads might laugh but after a ride this morning all I wanted was a brew and a fat bacon butty. My (American) wife just shook her head seeing me chomp down on that but all those rides when we would call into a greasy spoon just can't get out of my DNA..

Cheerio,

Roy
Psychopasta and stevejbaughn like this.

Last edited by Roy; 07-22-2018 at 05:49 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Triumph of Seattle is a very good dealership and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a Triumph. As I've said many times before, if they were open Sundays I'd have 50% more time to visit the them. But don't get me started on that one again...

The other thing is that, as they are in the heart of Seattle, test rides are a bit limited in the kind of roads available. They seemed to want to restrict test rides to ~20 minutes or so, so you just get to putz about on city streets. That was fine for the Bobber, but for the Tiger, Explorer and Street Triple would be a bit limiting.

There's also no real community of riding there, no rideouts or anything like that. Both BMW and HD excel is developing a 'band of brothers' and I'd say that Triumph is not there yet in that aspect. That said, I'd buy another bike from ToS and I recommend them to anyone looking for a Triumph.
Roy, RRBuGGz75 and DanFromVegas like this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 01:50 AM

Garage
Suffolk Triumph, Ipswich UK.

Very impressed with my treatment as both a sales customer and service customer.

Sales first. The sales guy was very good, not pushy, and made me a good offer on my trade-in. Handover when I collected was very good, and subsequent visit to collect a few bits that I couldn't pack in my backpack was very friendly.

Like one of the other comments here, not all accessories were fitted (backrest hadn't arrived from Triumph) but was fitted at first service.

Service was good, I was more than happy to see a "grey beard" work on the bike rather than a "spotty youth", and he knew his stuff when I had the chance to have a quick chat.

Downside, not the dealer, but Triumph's "kiss off" response when I complained about the awkwardness of folding up the side stand with footboards mounted...
Roy and DanFromVegas like this.

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 08:23 AM

I bought my Bobber at Motorcycles of Charlotte in North Carolina. (My 3rd Triumph from them.) I've been doing business with them for years. (BMW, Ducati, Triumph) They are an excellent dealership. They have a great parts department and an excellent service department. They missed an order that I placed on a hectic Saturday. When they discovered their mistake I got the part the next day . . . at a discount. I've always gotten good prices on accessories.

Ridenow Powersports in Concord, NC was a Triumph dealership. Triumph pulled their brand a few weeks ago. I guess Ridenow wasn't moving enough Triumphs. I was interested in getting general service done there because they are close. Oh well.
bofor and Roy like this.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Put order in with MOD (Motorcycles of Dulles) in Sterling, Va. Very smooth process, and pre-order got me $500 store credit.

Picking up the bike and signing the dotted line was also a very smooth process.

1st service was done there, no problems.

Everyone I dealt with there is very friendly and genuinely cared.

Ordering parts through Triumph at the dealer is a bit of a pain as once it's ordered, its kind of up in the air as to when it will arrive. It's not the dealers fault, but Triumph in general. The dealer has no real knowledge of when it will arrive. At least from my experience.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page