Triumph Dealership Reviews - Page 2 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 09:48 AM

Garage
Moon Motorsports in Monticello, MN was great to work with. Walked in the door on a random Wednesday and they let me take a Bobber with high bars and standard (low) bars for a ride on a nice country road with plenty of curves and hills in their area, so I could see which bike felt best to me. I love the look of the low bars, but the high bars felt "right," so that's what I ordered. They did a great job of getting bids on the paint job I wanted, and their parts guy was awesome about helping me track down the accessories I wanted whether they were Triumph or a different brand. The guy that fit me accessories has been working on Triumphs and BMWs for so long that 2 different guys at the dealership mentioned to me that the factories will call HIM with a question if they can't figure out a customer issue.

The only minor snag was that they omitted the $500 credit they told me I was going to get up-front, and then tried to claim that credit was for their demo bike or a 2017. As soon as I sent them an email with proof they agreed the credit was legit. Then, when I went in to do the paperwork, the credit was $250 instead of $500, so I pulled out the email again and it was corrected. On the one hand I understand their in the business of making money, but on the other hand when you make an offer you should stand by it rather than forcing a customer to provide proof......TWICE. It left a bad taste in my mouth from an otherwise 10 out of 10 experience...so pretty stupid of them to do.

My first service there went well and came in a little under the estimated cost, which is always nice. I'd recommend them, but I'd also recommend saving emails and paperwork so you always have your numbers in writing.
Roy likes this.

Each one matters.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
I just wish I could more easily get some black pudding and a port pie... I would add to that a good pint but have just found a wonderful local brew-pub that does a cracking Scottish Ale.

Cheerio,

Roy
I stay away from black pudding.

On my last trip to Great Britain I noticed that a Triumph dealer near Glasgow was open on Sunday. Is that normal? As you know, U.S. dealerships are closed on Sunday and Monday. I had a flat one Monday and although I had roadside assistance I couldn't get anyone to pick me up.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 02:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
I stay away from black pudding.

On my last trip to Great Britain I noticed that a Triumph dealer near Glasgow was open on Sunday. Is that normal? As you know, U.S. dealerships are closed on Sunday and Monday. I had a flat one Monday and although I had roadside assistance I couldn't get anyone to pick me up.

It's very unusual for a dealership to be open on Sundays in the UK, and quite rare on Mondays... although mine is only closed Sundays

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 04:59 PM

Bulldog Triumph at Winnersh Reading, got my Bonnie,Thruxton R & Bobber from them, they fitted my worked heads, big cams, shocks ohlins forks, brembo brakes all manner of things.

IMHO they are what a top dealership should be, highly recommend Bulldog Triumph.
eisen77 likes this.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Greetings Lads & Lasses,

I'm not sure if anyone has started a thread on this topic but as I couldn't find one I thought I would give it a go. So this potentially ongoing thread is here for You to share your views, and experiences (good or bad) of dealing with Triumph Dealerships.

Guidelines:
Try to be fair and balanced and please no verbal abuse (I'm sensitive )
State if your experience was in purchasing a motorcycle, parts, accessories, merchandise or services etc.
Remember to let us know which dealership this was; town/country etc

Cheerio,

Roy

Spirit Motorcycles in San Jose, CA I bought mine there and they were great on all levels from my first walk in the door, Friendly from the start, knowledgeable sales staff, field trained on the bikes they sell (all riders), wanted my bike history (HD mostly) to fit my Bobber right.

Their service department is highly rated and work is professional by factory licensed techs. They are a Triumph/Indian dealer so their accessories are heaver for Indian but they have a decent Triumph selection and can get anything you want.Showroom is full of bikes and well displayed in a modern showroom. As well as a good selection of warranted used bikes of all brands.

PS: Open Sundays

https://spiritmotorcycles.com/

2018 Bobber in Morello Red

Last edited by Ribkick; 07-24-2018 at 10:57 PM.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribkick View Post
Spirit Motorcycles in San Jose, CA I bought mine there and they were great on all levels from my first walk in the door, Friendly from the start, knowledgeable sales staff, field trained on the bikes they sell (all riders), wanted my bike history (HD mostly) to fit my Bobber right.

Their service department is highly rated and work is professional by factory licensed techs. They are a Triumph/Indian dealer so their accessories are heaver for Indian but they have a decent Triumph selection and can get anything you want.Showroom is full of bikes and well displayed in a modern showroom. As well as a good selection of warranted used bikes of all brands.

PS: Open Sundays

https://spiritmotorcycles.com/
Thanks. I'm going to check them out the next time I am in Palo Alto.

Triumph Bobber Black
Porsche Macan Sport Edition (Black)
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 02:47 AM

Bill Smiths in Chester.

I found them to be very helpful in a relaxed easygoing manner when I first enquired about the bike. They sussed I was serious so quickly arranged a test ride and waived the usual insurance and fuel charges (probably only there to dissuaded those who waste their time testing bikes just for fun).

The deal was simple and straightforward. I was on a budget as the Bobber was really a bit beyond what I had to spend and it was all done in a professional and businesslike manner.

A few days after the purchase I happened to be in the parts department looking for bits for another bike and the guys went off to search in the stockroom for obscure bits they'd remembered seeing around which would help me out. You couldn't ask for better customer service - and that wasn't for someone buying a new bike - just a guy needing some odd bits for an old bike.

On the day I was due to collect it the weather broke from weeks of sunshine to an absolute deluge of biblical proportions. When I rang to defer collection to a later date they chap said he'd not want me riding a new bike on new tyres in that kind of weather and offered to load it into the van and drop it off at our house.

I've no experience of their service department yet as I do my own servicing on the other bike, but I use their parts dept regularly and they're always helpful.

So it's a thumbs up for Bill Smiths from me.
eisen77, ysoslo, Roy and 1 others like this.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 04:56 PM

First service today. They did the usual oil change and checked bolt torques and ecu record. They also took the brake calliper pins out and greased them as steel and aluminium donít agree with other too well. As the chap said, itís a simple job now which means that in future the pins slide out instead of having to drilled out.

I donít know if thatís standard but I was pleased to see some preventative maintenance being done.

Honda CBF 500 for when I am being sensible
Triumph Bobber for all other times
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 08:58 PM

(Not sure about how to "quote" so I just copied this from another thread I posted it on..
figured it would go good here also..)

Highly recomended shop in the Fort Worth area
... as most know I took possession of my bobber early yesterday... this wouldn't have happened without the help of a dealership in Fort Worth Texas (Eurosport), not to be confued with the other (Eurosport- don't ask)..
Anyway, I located a bike, the owner was a priviate seller. Typical online purchase concerns.. no money/check.. no bike. Honestly, I couldn't fault the man, I would have reservations myself. Long story short, the bike was purchased from this dealership (Eurosport in F.W.). I decided to contact them and ask a "strange" question.
I spoke with Tony (owner), he asked who the owner was, he rememberd him and the bike sale.
The question was, "do you offer a "service" or could you help out with out of state purchases / transactions?"... I explained my situation (buyer and seller not wanting to get ripped off)..
Tony agreed to "help", the bike was to be dropped off, inspected and serviced (updated tune-i paid for this seperate) if no major issues were discovered the check (from bank to seller- he had title in hand) would be exchanged for keys, bill of sale, and title.
Needless to say everything went off without a hitch.. all three parties were satisfied..
I believe he did this for several reasons, he remembered the sale/owner.. it was origionally from his dealership and the title was clear.
But there isn't enough good people out there that are willing to "help" out in situations like this without asking for a boatload of money or something in return...
Both Marth and Tony are (from my experience and conversations) are the kind of people you want to do business with...
The seller and myself both agree on the character of the two, he stated when he is back in the market for a bike.. he will be going back.. and it is a hour and half drive for him..
So, if u live in the Fort Worth area and in need of service or looking for another bike..give Tony and Martha a call...
I know I will!!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:21 PM

Shirlaws in Aberdeen, Scotland. Absolutely first rate dealer.Craig, Dawn, Simon and John all have bent over backwards to accommodate me and my Bobber Black. The issues I've had with the bike have been very irritating, after not much time and dealing with triumph hasn't been easy. The courtesy bikes I've had have all been great and never been an issue as to how long I've had them. Couldn't ask for more from a main dealer.
ysoslo and Roy like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page