Starting to feel a little disappointed - Triumph Bobber Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Mel

Starting to feel a little disappointed

So, I placed my order and paid my deposit at twenty past nine the morning after the launch event. My Dealer actually had to phone the Factory to ask if they could take a deposit and how much they wanted so I know I was the first one at the Dealers and bar any orders taken the night before or in that twenty minute window where I hesitated I feel I should have been pretty much one of the first Customer Orders to be satisfied.

Now I understand the need to get the Demo' bikes out first and to get bikes out on the promo' circuit but I'm growing increasingly frustrated hearing that Customer Bikes are arriving Stateside and at Dealers in Germany & Norway and yet when I speak to my Dealer they say "Best guess is early April but the Factory just aren't saying" Am I just being an impatient child, should I just relax and say "as long as it's here before the sunshine I don't care, or am I justified in being a little niggly about this? Oh and actually, even if it arrived on Monday I'd delay delivery till 1st March for the 17 year plates but that's not the point.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 11:41 PM

Best to just wait it out. If you need to, find a show happening around you if you need to spend time around one

Seeing all these deliveries coming in from UK guys won't be easy, already spotted one and we have another set to post pictures soon.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Mel

Sorry Frank, I didn't make it clear. I'm in the UK! It looks like overseas orders are being satisfied first with the UK dealers only seeing demonstrator stock ahead of Thursdays co-ordinated launch evening across the country. I'm certainly not aware of any UK Customer bikes making it out yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Sorry Frank, I didn't make it clear. I'm in the UK! It looks like overseas orders are being satisfied first with the UK dealers only seeing demonstrator stock ahead of Thursdays co-ordinated launch evening across the country. I'm certainly not aware of any UK Customer bikes making it out yet.

Hi Mel, totally understand your frustration as I live in the UK also and I have been looking at pictures from all over the globe with persons picking up and driving away a new bobber and yet nothing here yet. I wonder if Harley Davidson or the like would distribute their bikes everywhere else except the home country. I was told 3 weeks ago that it had been brought forward to the 1st of March but when I called yesterday I was told that this would not be happening and they are unsure of a specific delivery date and should be the end of next week.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMC View Post
Hi Mel, totally understand your frustration as I live in the UK also and I have been looking at pictures from all over the globe with persons picking up and driving away a new bobber and yet nothing here yet. I wonder if Harley Davidson or the like would distribute their bikes everywhere else except the home country. I was told 3 weeks ago that it had been brought forward to the 1st of March but when I called yesterday I was told that this would not be happening and they are unsure of a specific delivery date and should be the end of next week.
Meant to add that I put a deposit down the morning after the video was released in November and was first or second to do so.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Mel

Well the good news is that Customer Bikes are now being released in the domestic market. Mine arrived today and all being well I should be able to collect it tomorrow, insurance firms permitting as the broker is saying that only one insurer has them listed so far as it's not on the ABI list yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0118.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	345  
frank likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 01:08 PM

So close, yet so far. Here's to hoping that your insurance firm comes though because it'll be hard to watch the Bobber sit at the dealership and not be able to ride it.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Mel

Insurance sorted, it's now on cover.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 12:49 PM

Sweet. Now we await your impressions, more photos, and what mods are expected to come
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Insurance sorted, it's now on cover.
Hi Mel, who did you get your insurance with as I am having some problems due to the Bobber not being on the ABI list. Thanks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page