Would you switch to a B/black? - Page 3 - Triumph Bobber Forum
 82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 08:02 AM

I changed my standard bobber morello red for a black. What motivated my choice is the front of the bike, and especially the brakes. The more aggressive look influenced my choice, but less than the brake. I do not really like the look of single-disc machines, I think a motorcycle, whatever it is, is prettier with two front discs. I decided to change the braking system of my first Bobber for a double disc Freespirit. The cost of the operation was that it was better to switch to bobber black
Finally, the braking, beyond the look and comfort, is a security element. And undeniably, the double disc brings a real improvement

J'ai changé mon bobber standard morello red pour un black. Ce qui a motivé mon choix, c'est l'avant de la moto, et surtout les freins. Le look plus agressif a influencé mon choix, mais moins que le frein. Je n'aime pas trop le look des machines mono disque, je trouve qu'une moto, quelle qu'elle soit, est plus jolie avec deux disques avants. J'avais décidé de modifier le système de freinage de mon premier Bobber pour un double disque spirit. Le coût de l'opération faisait qu'il était préférable de passer au bobber black
Enfin, le freinage, au dela du look et du confort, est un élément de sécurité. Et indéniablement, le double disque apporte une véritable amélioration
MikeB likes this.
post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 09:21 AM

Why?

I just cannot understand why Triumph has included a cruise control as standard on the Bobber Black or indeed any future model derivatives of the very successful Bobber line.

The Bobber, for me, is about being a minimalistic bike, that apart from it’s orgasmic looks, is all about raw, explosive acceleration and, against every bodies predictions, has great handling and cornering abilities as an added extra thrown in.

The last thing I can ever imagine doing is clicking it onto ‘cruise’ when there are corners to blast into and out of and every straight gets turned into a drag strip.........for me it is the constant changes of speed, both positive and negative in combination with the varying degrees of lean around bends that make motorcycling so exciting and addictive.

‘Cruise Control’ conjures up images of being stuck on a boring motorway/auto route/ freeway, (delete as necessary to match your country) to me and that’s what big touring bikes or even the ultimate motorcycle accessory, a car, is for.

For me, less is more, but thankfully having choices is what keeps more of us happy and the cash tills ringing for the manufacturers.

Best regards,

Billybobber
1inamill likes this.
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 11:17 AM

I agree with a lot of what you said about what makes the bobber fun to ride and nice to look at.

As far as the cruise control....I couldn’t agree with you less. I never realized how much I would absolutely love this feature until I added it. It is one of the best things I have done to my bike. Even if I use it for just brief periods, it’s nice to take my right hand off of the bars on long runs.
ysoslo, MikeB and GPz like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 12:05 PM

Garage
Never ridden a bike (yet) and used cruise control. But having had it on several cars, it's really useful in this crowded island to stop you breaking both permanent and temporary speed restrictions. Looking forward to trying it on the Speedy...

Larry

Essex UK

2018 Bonnie Speedmaster Jet Black with Highway pack (less bags) and rider footboards
post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 01:40 PM

Billybobber#1, perhaps you will appreciate being able to give your right hand a rest when you get older.

Chico
post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 03:10 PM

Hi Chico,

.....I am flattered by your comment.....I will be 63 on my next birthday 😊....

I go out on my Bonneville T120 for longer distance/all day rides/practicle journeys needing more luggage carrying ability, I could see the benefits of fitting cruise control on that, but still cannot see the benefits on my Bobber......I use my Bobber for those cathartic, clear your head of those everyday stresses and frustration rides/blasts........these tend to be a between 50 to 100 miles ......and with the feather weight ride-by-wire throttles on Triumphs these days I never get any problems from a tired wrist...........but if you ever need a wrist work out, get yourself an old Moto Guzzi big capacity V-twin fitted with carbs, you certainly knew you’d been pulling the wire tight on one of those!

But what a difference between two bikes based around the same engine.....as a comparison I would liken the T120 to a nicely grilled steak, nice to look at, tasty and you feel contented and mellow with it.........whereas the Bobber is steak tartare with extra onion and a double strength mustard relish which leaves you buzzing on a high.....and grinning from ear to ear 🤩

Best regards,

Billybobber
eisen77, DevilDog and MX429 like this.
post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Cruise, no cruise....I don’t care. You had me at Steak Tartare
post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 04:55 PM

Kinda agree with Billy. I've only been out once where it would have come in handy on rides with others.

Most men that do thrive in the world do forget to take pleasure during the time they're getting their estate, but reserve that til they have got one, and then it is too late to enjoy it. Samuel Pepys
post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 05:03 PM

Garage
Have to admit I almost never use the cruise control on my car so I didn’t really consider getting otnthe Bobber. I’ve ridden a lot of long distances on highways with other bikes and never thought i’d rather have CC. Since I use the Bobber for day rides and around town, it never occurred to me to get CC. Heated grips, however, are another thing altogether 😆
Billybobber#1 likes this.
post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
Hi y'all - just a thought - if you own a Bobber currently, would you switch to a Bobber Black, and, if so, why or why not? What do those of us think who have ordered a BB?
No
TheFilthEarl likes this.

Through the mud & the blood, to the green fields beyond...

British Army Veteran 1975-1984

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page