Triumph Bobber Forum banner

How Many Have you seen?

13K views 47 replies 33 participants last post by  Benny Bobberino 
#1 ·
Now that the Bobber has been out for almost a year....how many have you actually seen on the roads?

I live in Northern Va (well, a little outside of it), and have only seen 1 other Bobber. All stock, Ironstone. Dude was wearing a brain bucket and shorts...:confused:

#2 ·
Exactly 1: in the reflection of the shop windows when I ride down the Main Street. Such a handsome fellow that rides it :grin2:

I understand that #2 has been sold (in the last week) here in Mallorca and I’m looking forward to meeting/riding with the new owner !
I heard it was sold with Clip-ons.

#4 ·
except those seen in concession, I did not cross any of them on my roads.:frown2:
and believe me .. I'm retired and I enjoy my motorcycles ..:wink2:
about 15,000 km a year..:laugh:
I should maybe go more to the trendy bars than on my mountain roads >:)

#10 ·
:nerd:

Top 20 most sold motorcycles in Switzerland in 2017 :D

#11 ·
It's rare to see a Triumph, much less a Bobber 50 mi north of Dallas. It could be that the Bobbers are being used as living room art in the cities, much like the advertisements make them out to be.

#22 ·
50 miles North of Dallas puts you about 20 miles out to sea close to the Moray Firth!

That said, i love in London and commute to work daily and turn in a few miles for fun every week and have also seen about zero other bobbers on the road, **** I have seen about 10,000% more old Honda 750/4 chops about lol

#13 ·
everyone thinks Bobber it's just visible in front of the"hipster" bars:D
in fact, they are wrong.:wink2:Bobber gives pleasure to the animals of the countryside ..So, if you want to see Bobber, get off the big axes and breathe full lung on the handlebars of your motorcycles.:laugh:0:)

#24 ·
I saw 2 this weekend.

One Saturday morning which, I think, may have been Jack Lilley's rusty bobber custom as it looked brown. I was in the car at the time, so didn't signal or anything.

Then, on Sunday morning, I saw the Number 59 Jack Lilley custom on the road to Hampton Court. As I was on my bike, I gave a jaunty wave and got a nod back.

#25 ·
I was called by my dealership today to say that my Bobber Black has arrived and did I want to come and have a look. When I got there my salesman kept on saying your lucky you ordered it when you did or you would have been waiting for some time to get one. He then mentioned that I was the first to get mine through them.

Odd I thought as he has told me 6 weeks ago when I put the order in that I needed to hurry because so many had placed an order already.

I know he was only doing his job and truth be told I didn’t need selling to at all... I’d already made my mind up to by one. Does make me think though.... given that I’ve never seen one out on the road... are there really that many of them being sold? lol

#28 ·
I ordered mine in November of '16. I was the first of 6 he received. All are gone and I know he sold at least one '18 Black and has a red one in the showroom now! It seems odd that it outsold the Street Twin but I think the Bobber's sales record was for the first 3 months IIRC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.